Author Topic: iTunes Poster; Artwork; Coverart ...whatever you want to call it; does not work  (Read 2419 times)

whiwo

I'm cool with that. I already have SSL on my site so the images should show up in the player when the next release comes out.

I haven't switched to the current version of the player just yet. I'm waiting for Google to update one last category before I do. Probably by Monday since they don't work around the clock like iTunes who update virtually immediately when there is a change.

After I switch back, I'll let you know if everything holds or not. It likely will because it did when I switched to 6.3 to get the job done before. I only changed my categories to be more inline with keywords or search terms so as to get better results, which is why this became an issue all over again for me. I also went back and marked the format of all my episodes to "audio" in Wordpress which screwed up my AMP and Schema but it had to be done. Wasn't aware of this until recently. I'll get that fixed once the current player is reinstated and everything is working fine. Hopefully, no later than Tuesday.

I have no plans of switching or consolidating categories going forward (unless newer search terms rank higher) but hopefully the artwork and description issue for categories can be fixed on the next update. I'm keeping a copy of the 6.3 just in case it's not.

Thanks!

whiwo

I thought I had responded to your post. Anywho, that would be great to have the artwork show up on a per episode basis in the player. It's all in the playlist players on my site and will be going forward. I've got it set up for each category and the main feed shows the artwork now.

As for iTunes and Google Play not showing artwork at the top level; that's fine. I just got a response from Google that they also don't compile all the categories under one main feed like iTunes does and have no plans on doing it in the future. That's odd, but whatever. I've got all the subscription feeds set for both the main and category feeds so folks can subscribe based on their preferences.

Now that artwork and descriptions have been fully updated in iTunes and Google Play by using 6.3 PowerPress player, I have now switched back to the latest version. If you go back and look at all of the category feeds (provided above) you'll see that it has switched back to the main logo/icon for Party Favorz (instead of the individualized artwork for each category) and the main feed description (as opposed to the individualized description for each category). The switch took place last night and so far has NOT affected Google Play nor iTunes. The artwork and descriptions are in tact (fingers crossed).

Angleo, the problem is with the 7.+ version of the player plain and simple. After two days of testing from top to bottom following your guidelines, there is no other explanation. If 6.3 works with ALL of my plugins and my theme and 7+ does not then there is your answer. Remember, I did this last year when I had a different theme as well. It would be interesting to know if the same issue arises with podcast channels but I don't use those.

Anyway, this is my biggest month of the year and I'm done jacking with this issue. I've got a ton of content I've got to get produced and out the door. I hope all of this helped in some way.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
There shouldn't be an issue theme wise with 6.3 and 7.0. The changes we made between those releases had nothing to do with the player interface, we did add a 4th try to fix option though but those option would only give you more options to deal with theme/plugin conflicts.

Where do you get your themes?

whiwo

I don't know why you keep thinking it's the themes. The first was Customizr Pro which I originally got the free version from the Wordpress directory and then purchased the Pro version and the (hopefully final) theme was Destin; also from the Wordpress directory and I purchased the full version. That one is done by Bavotasan who I had his Magazine Pro years ago and offered great support. Both themes were/are current and receive the required updates.

Anyway, I won't say that changing themes over the course of 10 years has nothing to do with it (I have commitment issues LOL) but at the end of the day; 6.3 works as it should and 7+ does not REGARDLESS of the theme I was using. Remember, I tried three of the Wordpress official themes and STILL had the issue. It just doesn't work (for all purposes of categories; everything else is fine).

The minute I switched back to the current version; it snuck in all the same crap and treated each category as if it were the main feed (as far as the artwork and description). Thankfully, iTunes and Google Play ignore it and do not pull that info from the current feed; only when I was using PowerPress 6.3. It ignores 7+.

Maybe it's a feed issue but my feed validates. If it didn't; it wouldn't be in either store. So I can't really say.

whiwo

Angelo, it's officially replaced all of the artwork and descriptions on my categories with the main site icon and the main site description in Google Play. In iTunes, the original artwork for each category is still in place but the description of each category has been replaced with the main site description i.e. the "about Party Favorz"

So much for all that work, testing and workarounds. I pay a lot of money each month for something that doesn't work. For now, I'm moving on. June is my busiest month and I'm chin deep creating episodes that I need to start unloading this week. I don't have time for this uh, stuff anymore.

I'll look at my options in July. This is beyond frustrating.  :(