Author Topic: How long does it take for Itunes to update their feed these days  (Read 2446 times)

Rowby Goren

Hello everyone.

Just checking to see how things are moving these days (May 3, 2017).

1)  I uploaded my new podcast (it's been 6 months!) to Blubrry dashboard yesterday.  I don't see it added to my list of episodes yet.  How soon will I see that listing?

2)  I assume Itunes will automatically pull that new podcast into my current Itunes listing.   They are currently listing all but the newest podcast.  How long is that taking these days.  Is the update dependent on how soon Blubrry updates my list on my dashboard?  Or is does blubrry update Itunes as soon as I upload it to my blubrry dashboard.

I need to get this live on blubrry and itunes asap.  Thanks!

Best,
Rowby

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: How long does it take for Itunes to update their feed these days
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 12:21:53 pm »
The iTunes Store can take up to 24 hours for updates to be displayed in public listings. However, subscribers get new episodes as soon as they update their subscriptions after you've released a new episode.

I'm unsure about what you're describing on Blubrry. What's the name of the podcast as it appears in your Blubrry account?

Rowby Goren

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 02:45:51 pm »
Hi Shawn,

If the wp-admin of my wordpress site, on the page I link to blrbrry here's the link I see by/content.blubrry.com/plusrowby/PR-Magento-to-Shopify-Plus-Promotion_2017-05-02-EP-0006.mp3

So I see it on the back end of my site -- but not in the list of episodes in my dashboard.

I have a screen capture of this issue, but I see no way to attach it to my reply.

Rowby

Rowby Goren

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 04:11:15 pm »
Here's the attachment:   Here's a link to my screen capture:  http://www.plusrowby.com/blrbrry.jpg
  Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 07:49:45 pm »
Your screenshot shows the media uploader within PowerPress and the Manage Episodes section of your Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard. These are two different things. I'm assuming what you're telling me is that your Blubrry directory listing hasn't updated yet to show your latest episode. If that's true, do this:
1.) Log into your Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard.
2.) Click the More Directory Options link inside the Directory Listing box.
3.) Click the Refresh Program Listing link. This will automatically refresh your Blubrry directory listing.

If I'm misunderstanding the situation, please let me know. :)

Rowby Goren

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 08:43:04 pm »
Thanks, Shawn,
Here's a video screen problem of what I am seeing

https://www.screencast.com/t/GfKqq2KU

Basically I see 7 episodes via the wordpress Podcast Episode link to Media hosted on Blubrry.com   

But only see 7 episodes on my Blubrry dashboard -- even after refreshing.

Thanks for any help.
;
Rowby

Rowby Goren

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 12:11:22 am »
Hi everyone,

Here's a video screencapture of what I'm seeing in the back end of my wordpress site --- comparing it to the Blubrry dashboard listing.

https://www.screencast.com/t/KcbwwGob

????

Thanks
Rowby

Rowby Goren

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 10:10:43 am »
Solved!

Mike Dell, Customer Support Coordinator, contacted me and provided the solution

Here's what he said.  (I'm including it to help others)

The episode in question does not appear to be in your RSS feed from your WordPress site. That is the important thing.  What is in blubrry (or iTunes) at this point is not a problem. Both the Blubrry directory and the Apple Podcasts (iTunes) directory only show what is in your feed the last time they looked at it. The whole problem is that it's not in your RSS feed from your site.

Make sure you have it in a POST at your webiste (a page will not work) and that the media URL (the link to the mp3 file) is in the podcast episode box on that post and verified. Also make sure the post is Published and public.  not a draft or private or scheduled into the future.

I had my link in a wordpress Page, not a Post.  And now that it is in a post I was able to refresh my blubrry listing and it is showing there.

Thanks MIke!

Rowby

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 11:57:21 am »
Glad to see it's been resolved. Mike rules. :)