Author Topic: Using Powerpress Plugin With Libsyn  (Read 1115 times)

phildonaldson

• Rookie
Using Powerpress Plugin With Libsyn
« on: April 25, 2017, 09:23:25 pm »
Hi,

I'm getting started with podcasting in earnest and need clarification on a couple of things:

Do I add my Libsyn feed to the "Destinations" field to have a valid feed?

Since I am using Libsyn feed with Powerpress, is there are there any special procedures I need to follow?

Thanks in advance.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Using Powerpress Plugin With Libsyn
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 12:04:42 pm »
You should only do one of these two things:
A.) Create a podcast feed on your own site, using the PowerPress plugin, where you add your LibSyn media file links to your Podcast Episodes on your own site (what we recommend)
B.) Use the LibSyn-generated feed

There's no way to sync the two feeds automatically, so you're making a lot of extra work for yourself by trying to create them both. Pick the one you feel suits you best and go from there.

phildonaldson

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 03:01:43 pm »
Hi Shawn,

Thanks so much for responding.

I'm doing "A" and would prefer to (love the fact that I can, but a couple of puzzling things:

1) CastFeedValidator gave an error on the feed: http://www.propelgrowth.com/feed/podcast/
2) Clicking on the podcast player invokes a new player on a page that replaces the blog post in the browser (but works in my Chrome and Safari browsers):

http://www.propelgrowth.com/2017/04/24/customer-experience-with-carlos-hidalgo-episode-001/

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 03:38:37 pm »
I ran the feed thru two validators and everything came up fine. if CastFeedValidator continues to give you warnings, try clearing your browser cache and try again.

I also had no issues with the media player in either Safari or Chrome on my iMac. Again, it could be a browser caching issue.

phildonaldson

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 03:47:20 pm »
OK. Thanks. Will check it out.

I really like that I can create a custom branded player in the Powerpress plugin!  :)

Have a great day.