Author Topic: Description tag being truncated  (Read 347 times)

Hayley James

• Rookie
Description tag being truncated
« on: March 27, 2017, 12:40:04 pm »
Hi,
I have the issue with my podcast RSS feed that my descriptions are getting truncated, and I'm not sure why. I have changed the WP setting under Reading to Full Text but the descriptions and still being truncated. Any suggestions on what might be causing it?
This is my feed: http://www.headofacodfish.com/feed/podcast/

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Description tag being truncated
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 02:10:01 pm »
Hayley,

In your case, I would say you should change the setting back to "summary" in the reading settings, and then in the PowerPress  settings > Episodes tab, enable iTunes summary.   Then in your post there will be a box where you paste in exactly what you want to show in the feed.

Also, note that iTunes, Apple Podcasts and all other apps, can show what they want as far as how much of your show notes.  So the full text may never show up completely depending on how the apps are setup.

Email me mike@blubrry.com if you want a more geeky answer as to why to set reading back to summary.

Of course, give iTunes and everywhere else a bit of time to get the changes if you change something.  Email me your feed address if you want me to check it for you.

Hope this helps!

Hayley James

• Rookie
Re: Description tag being truncated
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 07:45:07 pm »
Thanks for getting back to me, I have emailed you :)