Author Topic: Best way to upload MP3s  (Read 947 times)

Gamebits

Best way to upload MP3s
« on: March 31, 2017, 09:51:06 am »
Hello,

I host my podcast's MP3 files and upload them to the /wp-content/uploads/podcast/ via FTP. This workflow works fine for me.

I recently gave a presentation at a WordPress meetup on how to use Blubrry PowerPress, and it struck me that uploading the MP3 is pretty much the only step of publishing a podcast that isn't being done from the WordPress dashboard. Some users might have trouble understanding why they need a separate program (an FTP client) for this step.

Is there an elegant alternative I can suggest?

-Ken

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Best way to upload MP3s
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 04:26:56 pm »
The best answer to this is, sign up for Blubrry media hosting (using promo code SHAWN to get your first month's service free) and then you can upload your media files directly thru your WordPress site to your Blubrry media hosting account. No extra steps required! :)

Otherwise, what you're describing is probably the best way. If someone's uploading small media files, they could theoretically upload those directly to the WordPress Media Library without needing a second application (you'd still need to copy/paste the file URLs into PowerPress for verification). But most WordPress installations have an upload cap that's not really compatible with podcast files.

Gamebits

Re: Best way to upload MP3s
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:07:17 am »
Thanks, Shawn! I'll keep these options in mind. :)