Author Topic: How to reupload an episode  (Read 1009 times)

Abigail Nemec

• Rookie
How to reupload an episode
« on: March 12, 2017, 12:25:12 am »
I'm having trouble figuring something out. I did make sense of what the problem is, just not sure how to fix it.

site URL: http://www.atimeforhorses.com
feed URL: http://www.atimeforhorses.com/feed/podcast/

I have a new-ish podcast with 5 episodes released. When I set it up originally, I ticked the "have Blubrry write your ID3 tags" box in PowerPress, but then forgot to add an image to the page. Meantime, I put ID3 tags with artwork in the episode files, and posted them, but the empty image in PowerPress overwrote the ID3 tags I had attached. It took a while to figure out why the image wasn't showing on Stitcher ...

I have uploaded episode art in PowerPress so future episodes will be okay, but how can I reupload the files for my first 5 episodes so that I can overwrite the artwork without losing my current statistics? I'm approaching my first 1,000 downloads, so I'm pretty excited and don't want to lose track of which episodes are which by replacing existing episodes with new ones (plus I don't want to rerelease the episodes to my subscribers).

Thanks,
Abby

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: How to reupload an episode
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 03:04:15 pm »
Create the mp3 files with the correct ID3 tags and make sure they have the exact same filenames as the files you've already uploaded. Log into your Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard. Click the Upload New Media Files link inside the Podcast Hosting box. From there, you can upload the replacement files and since they'll have the same names as files already on the server, they'll just overwrite the old files.

Doing this won't affect your stats, and it won't count against your monthly upload quota. The most important thing is that the replacement filenames must match the old filenames exactly. Also, the replacement files won't be available right away. It may take up to 24 hours before the new versions are available to download, but the old versions will still be there. This is due to how Blubrry's CDN handles caching of files.

Abigail Nemec

• Rookie
Re: How to reupload an episode
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 03:27:51 pm »
Couldn't be easier! Thanks so much.