Author Topic: Problem with embed in current episode  (Read 1282 times)

Chris Savage

Problem with embed in current episode
« on: January 24, 2017, 09:39:38 am »
I published a podcast this morning but the embed gives an "Oops! There is an error
displaying the player. Check your account feed and settings." error message when I click on the "Get Embed' link on the "Manage Episodes" page. It's only for this episode. All the others are fine and I haven't changed any of the player settings.

The podcast is The Sit and Spin Room with LOLGOP & Eclectablog and the embed code that displays is:

<iframe src="//player.blubrry.com?podcast_id=20394605" scrolling="no" width="100%" height="138px" frameborder="0"></iframe>
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:41:36 am by Chris Savage »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Problem with embed in current episode
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 02:28:50 pm »
I removed the episode with the non-working player from your Blubrry directory listing and refreshed the listing. Now, the episode has a working player. The embed code is:
Code: [Select]
<iframe src="//player.blubrry.com?podcast_id=20401999" scrolling="no" width="100%" height="138px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Chris Savage

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 07:15:56 pm »
Thanks so much! Was there something that I did that caused it to happen? Also, can I do this workaround myself in the future if needed?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 12:17:26 pm »
Did you upload a file for that particular episode and then delete and upload a different file in its place? That might've caused the problem.

And yes, in the future if this happens again, do this:
1.) Log into your Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard.
2.) Click the Manage Episodes link in the Podcast Hosting box.
3.) Click the red X next to the episode listing for the episode with the busted player. Confirm the deletion acknowledgements that come up.
4.) Go back to the Podcaster Dashboard and click the More Directory Options link inside the Directory Listing box.
5.) Click the Refresh Directory Listing link. This will automatically ping your source feed and refresh the episodes in your account based on what's in the feed and should fix any issues with the embeddable media player.

Julia Ahlfeldt

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 08:58:02 am »
Hi there,

I've just experienced the exact same problem for an episode with this player embed code: <iframe src="https://player.blubrry.com/id/35809624/" scrolling="no" width="100%" height="138px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I only uploaded the media file once, but I *did* save my post as a draft for a day or so and then finally published the post via the Wordpress app for iOS. It's the first time that I've published a previously saved podcast episode post via the Wordpress iPhone app. Not sure if that could be the issue?

@Shawn, could you help me with this?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 01:13:10 pm »
Julia - please reply with the name of your show as it appears on your Blubrry directory along with the title of the episode where you're having trouble with the embed so I can take a closer look at what's going on.

Julia Ahlfeldt

• Rookie
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 02:55:13 am »
Thanks Shawn!

My Podcast is called Decoding the Customer. In the Blubrry listing settings, it looks like my Blubrry home page is: https://www.blubrry.com/decoding_the_customer/. My feed url is:http://julia-ahlfeldt.com/feed/podcast/

I'm having trouble getting a working player embed code for the episode: A global community for CX professionals: interview with Diane Magers – E10 - Decoding the Customer.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 10:02:56 am »
Try now. If you don't immediately see a working embeddable player, clear your browser cache and try again.

Julia Ahlfeldt

• Rookie
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 07:46:07 am »
Thanks so much for your help! The embed code works now (I didn't need to clear my browser cache). Any idea what could have caused this, so I can avoid in the future?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 12:58:45 pm »
You didn't do anything wrong. Something had to be refreshed on the backend to get the proper embed code in to your listing.

Jonathan carroll

• Rookie
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 07:03:53 pm »
Hey Shawn,
                 I'm having a similar problem with my podcast "The Pillars of Health" for episode 044. The embed code comes up as an error. I tried using the steps you outlined above but I didn't see the option to refresh after deleting the episode.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 07:23:46 pm »
Jonathan - the problem with your embed code for episode 44 should be fixed now. If you're still seeing the error, clear your browser cache and try again.

Julia Ahlfeldt

• Rookie
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 06:32:38 am »
Ok. Thanks for letting me know, Shawn. I appreciate your help with this.

Jonathan carroll

• Rookie
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 12:10:23 pm »
Jonathan - the problem with your embed code for episode 44 should be fixed now. If you're still seeing the error, clear your browser cache and try again.

Thanks Shawn!!

Peter Harris

• Rookie
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 11:41:58 am »
Hello,
I am having the same issue with my current episode. I tried the steps listed, and cleared my browser history. Still no luck. (Plus my iTunes feed NEVER works). It is “10 ? with the Musical Mind”.  The episode in question is “10 Questions with Greg Howe”.