Author Topic: Podcast Channel Redirection  (Read 859 times)

Bo Ransdell

Podcast Channel Redirection
« on: December 22, 2016, 01:52:09 pm »
Hi, I'd like to redirect from a PowerPress channel feed to another feed, but the feed format doesn't seem to be recognized if I redirect via the Bluehost 301 redirect (it tries to redirect the entire site) and I see no way to redirect from within the PowerPress options.  Is there a way to do this?  Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Podcast Channel Redirection
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 01:57:04 am »
You'll need to get that 301 into the .htaccess file used by WordPress. Doing it thru the Bluehost control panel won't work. This is Blubrry's official support document for creating 301 redirects:
https://create.blubrry.com/manual/syndicating-your-podcast-rss-feeds/changing-your-podcast-rss-feed-address-url/
The support document contains all of the technical information you'll need to get the redirect in place. But, you'll need to be able to edit the .htaccess file, which can be a little challenging, depending on your skill level. If you happen to be using the Yoast SEO plugin, it has an option that lets you access and edit .htaccess. Note that breaking .htaccess will take your site offline until its fixed. Proceed with caution.

Bo Ransdell

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 09:45:23 am »
Thank you for the response!  I think I can edit the htacess file without too much anxiety.  Can you stack the commands to redirect two feeds?  Just curious!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 06:22:22 pm »
Yes, you can create pretty much as many redirects as you want.