Author Topic: Category Podcast Feed Missing ALL Media  (Read 522 times)

That Pop This Life

Category Podcast Feed Missing ALL Media
« on: December 06, 2016, 10:39:50 pm »
Hello,
I have an exciting Channel Podcast feed.  I created a new feed using Category Podcast that uses podcasts episodes from the Channel Podcast Feed.  I noticed that the Category Podcast feed is missing ALL the enclosure tags that include all the mp3 files for the episodes. 

Existing CHANNEL Podcast feed - http://coretemparts.com/feed/tv-ate-my-brain/

New CATEGORY Podcast feed - http://coretemparts.com/category/podcast/tv-ate-my-brain-pod/insecure/feed/

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a setting that I need to activate?  What do I do now?

Thank you.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Category Podcast Feed Missing ALL Media
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 11:50:27 pm »
Category feeds work off the default podcast channel, not a custom channel. You'd need to add the media from the custom channel to the default channel in order to make this work. Category-based podcasts aren't really designed to import media, so there's probably no way to make this work automatically. You'd have to go in to each entry and add the media manually to the default channel for the proper category.

In other words, Custom Channels and Category Podcasts aren't really meant to work together. Is there a reason you need to go from one type of feed to the other?

That Pop This Life

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 12:38:29 am »
Hi Shawn.

I have a general TV podcast (custom channel feed) and I want to provide a number of show specifics podcasts (category feed).  I tried to accomplish the same thing using the Taxonomy Feed and got the same result.

I can't use the default podcast channel because that is being used by a different podcast.  Is there a way to define the parent podcast of the category podcast feed in order to have more specific podcast feeds. OR how can I accomplished this  at all.

Thank you for the response.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 12:12:18 pm »
Did you figure out a solution to your problem?

Category podasting can be used and you can nest categories, but it becomes very complicated as far as PowerPress is concerned when you do this. You can overcome the complications though by using strict category podcasting option in PowerPress > Category podcasting.