Author Topic: Own Roku Channel for Network of shows  (Read 990 times)

Pamela Alexander

• Rookie
Own Roku Channel for Network of shows
« on: October 24, 2016, 03:37:26 pm »
Not sure if this is the right category, but our shows are already on the Blubrry Roku Channel and I would also like to create our own Roku channel for our network of shows. With that in mind, I am assuming that our feeds are already what they need to be to work with Roku since it appeared to be the flip of a switch (or two) for them to appear. Before I head down the rabbit hole of looking at services, like Instant TV Channel, I wanted to see I could receive any assistance here first.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Own Roku Channel for Network of shows
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 03:59:14 pm »
We don't have any recommendations for a Roku app developer at this time. Sorry.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Own Roku Channel for Network of shows
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 04:07:25 pm »
Hello Pamela,

We offer a Roku network app tied to our network platform. Blubrry.com/explore/ is a good example how our network platform works, we pull RSS feeds from other sources then re-package the feeds into an API service to feed Roku apps. The API works with other platforms as well, such as Samsung Smart TV apps, Android TV and others. Please contact us for a quote on custom network website and Roku app.

There are other sources for Roku apps, the solutions I have seen though are not network based they are individual show based. Individual show apps are more cost effective as you can simply feed the app with the RSS feed directly. Networks are a bit more complicated plus providing search mechanism for multiple feeds from a central place is just one of the many challenges you would have to figure out if going on your own.