Author Topic: Podcast feed not updating, but still works in some places?  (Read 804 times)

Will Lentz

Podcast feed not updating, but still works in some places?
« on: October 16, 2016, 12:37:45 pm »
Hello, I've got an odd situation for my podcast, www.whitebookpodcast.com.

The RSS Feed on the site (http://www.whitebookpodcast.com/feed/podcast/) seems to only show up to episode 250. This isn't accurate, as I just posted episode 267 this past Friday.

Itunes, Google Play, and PlayerFM all agree that the show and feed end at 250.

However, I had not realized this until a listener emailed me this weekend because my podcast apps of choice (PocketCasts and Satchel) both DO show all the way up to the current episode, 267.

How in the world could this be happening?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Podcast feed not updating, but still works in some places?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 05:41:27 pm »
Looks like the most recent episode in your podcast RSS feed is now episode 268. Are you still having any issues?

Will Lentz

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 07:47:22 pm »
Yes, we seem to have problems again. Somehow the itunes feed has gone BACK to capping out at episode 250.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 01:07:08 am »
At present, your podcast RSS feed shows episode 269 as the latest item. But I found this iTunes Store listing:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-white-book/id1028229588?mt=2
Which appears to be the listing for your show. However, it currently shows no episodes at all. I ran the feed thru a couple validators and one thing that came up is that the feed is missing the iTunes explicit tag. iTunes used to let podcast feeds be neutral about this but now, you must choose either yes or no. Go to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> iTunes >> iTunes Explicit and select one of the options in the dropdown menu and click the Save Changes button. Please report back when you've done this and I'll take another look.

Will Lentz

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 07:10:21 pm »
Ok, made sure and set the explicit options and it does seem like we have the correct episode number listed now. Hopefully that stays!