Author Topic: Can’t submit your feed. There is no explicit tag in your feed, or the explicit t  (Read 3698 times)

Grant van Boeschoten

• Rookie
"Can’t submit your feed. There is no explicit tag in your feed, or the explicit tag is empty." is what iTunes tells me when I type in my URL in the podcast connect.

My url ishttp://hbcyouth.ca/sermons/feed/startup_hbcyouth/

I have the required box selected in my WP settings for blubrry, "clean - no explicit content.'

Please advise if there is a way to resolve this.

Thank you,

Grant

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Are you using Post Type Podcasting? If so, have you set the explicit tag setting for the post type feed and not just the default PowerPress feed?

Grant van Boeschoten

• Rookie
Thank you, that information helped to solve my problem.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Excellent! If you've found the support we've provided here to be of value, please consider leaving a review for PowerPress:
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/powerpress?rate=5#postform
These reviews help us out, and we're really appreciate it!

travelingkilt

Good Day Guys,
I have been out of the loop for quite a while and am ready to upload a new podcast series. I have five ready to put on iTunes but am getting this message “Can’t submit your feed. There is no explicit tag in your feed, or the explicit tag is empty.”

I searched and found this post but am not sure where I find the post type feed. It is probably a simple step but I’m lost.

http://keystonehospitalitydevelopment.com/feed/hospitality-property-school/

A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Gerry

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
travelingkilt - The feed you've linked to here, do you know if it's a post type podcast feed? Or is it a custom channel feed?

travelingkilt

Thanks for replying.
I believe it is a post type podcast feed

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
In that case:
1.) Log into your WordPress site and hover over the PowerPress link in the left-hand sidebar. Click the Post Type Podcasting link in the popup menu.
2.) Click the Edit link under the name of the podcast with the missing explicit tag.
3.) Click the iTunes tab and find the iTunes Explicit dropdown menu. Select the appropriate choice (you can't leave it set to "No option selected") and click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.

travelingkilt

Thanks for getting back to me but I guess I was wrong. There is nothing listed under “Post Type Podcasting”.

I was just guessing.

I have marked “Clean” under the iTunes Tab and have gone through all the other tabs but am totally lost.

If you check out the link below it shows what I see when I try to activate the feed.

https://youtu.be/C-1GGr1TdEg

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gerry

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
The settings you're changing are for the default PowerPress podcast feed. But that's not the feed you've submitting to iTunes.

Log into your site and go to any PowerPress page. Scroll to the very bottom. See if either Post Type Podcasting, Custom Channels, or Category Podcasting have been checked and report back with what you see. DON'T check anything (yet).

travelingkilt

Hey Shawn,
All 3 are checked

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Are you running any podcasts thru your website other than the one you've linked to above?

travelingkilt

No, the link are the only ones.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Hover over the PowerPress link in the sidebar of your WordPress dashboard. Hopefully, a link will show in the popup menu for Podcast Channels. If it's there, click it. Hopefully, you'll see a listing there for your podcast. If you do, click the Edit link under the name of the podcast. Click the iTunes tab. There, you should see an option for the explicit tag. Choose one of the options in the dropdown menu and click the Save Changes button.

travelingkilt

Shawn,
I really appreciate you taking the time to walk me through this. Everything is working. Have a great day.
Gerry