Author Topic: No stats per episode  (Read 1003 times)

fabiana knolseisen

• Rookie
No stats per episode
« on: July 04, 2016, 05:44:44 pm »
Hi there! I started a podcast on jun/17th (simplesvinho.com) and have a total 3 post out there so fare, but Blubrry stats seem to only show for one episode - the first one. My pod hoster offers some rudimentary stats and it´s quite close for this first episode SV#01 (hoster shows 80 downloads x 83 showed by Blubrry) but then I have another 43 downloads for SV#02 and 24 for SV#03 according to my hoster, but zero downloads for both SV#02 and SV#03 according to Blubrry, altough it does show I have 3 episodes pubished.
I have no idea what to do to fix it...
Thanks if you guys can help!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: No stats per episode
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 01:15:37 pm »
I took a look at your podcast website and RSS feed and it looks like the Blubrry stats redirect URL is in place and working as it should be. Have you been using the Blubrry stats since you started podcasting? Or did you only start using them within the last few days? The stats system can only track downloads from the time you start using it. If you had any downloads that were tracked by your media host before you started using Blubrry stats, there's no way for the Blubrry stats system to track those downloads. Also, the free Blubrry stats system updates a couple times a day, not in real time. So, you may want to give the system 24 hours to gather stats before checking them.

fabiana knolseisen

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 08:03:39 pm »
yeah... I have been using Blubrry stats since the beginning on jun/17th. The stats shown for episode #1 are actually pretty close to the one I get with my podcaster host (hoster shows 80 downloads x 83 showed by Blubrry) but then I have another 43 downloads for SV#02 and 24 for SV#03 according to my hoster, but zero downloads for both SV#02 and SV#03 according to Blubrry, altough it does show I have 3 episodes pubished. The only explanation I can get imagine is if the minimum of 10 unique downloads is not reached, but not having 10 uniques out of 43 total seems weird...I wander if there´s any way to try to see if this is the case...
Thanks

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 10:56:56 pm »
I think I figured out what may be going on here. I took a look at the enclosure tags of the media files in your podcast RSS feed. Every podcast file you've linked to is named file_128kb.mp3. The Blubrry stats system indexes individual files by filename. So, even tho these may be different files on your media host's website, the Blubrry stats system doesn't know that. If possible, give all of your media files unique names. Even if it's just something like "file1_128kb.mp3" and "file2_128kb.mp3". As things are now, the Blubrry stats system is seeing all of your downloads as a single episode.

fabiana knolseisen

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 08:35:14 am »
I had noticed that the end of the names is the same, but the listing section in Blubrry does reconize the difference...
Well Shawn, thanks for your help. I´ll see what I can do...