Author Topic: Can't Send New Posts to Itunes  (Read 1818 times)

Ira Reynolds

Can't Send New Posts to Itunes
« on: July 04, 2016, 03:34:28 am »
I am new to use using Blubrry. I am a volunteer for my church and last week I have set up a new podcast channel for our church. I submitted are url to Itunes for approval. http://impactchurchohio.com/feed/podcast/ . Itunes managed to upload a test podcast less than 24 hours to their Istore. I have several more podcasts are in waiting and have not post yet.  I was with Itunes tech support via email trying to figure why it was not posting.  I have posted the Apple ID store link in the wrong spot in wordpress Blubrry for Itunes. Took hours to find the correct place for Apple ID store link to be place in the Destination Tab not in Itunes or Feed tabs!

Anyway, I have tried to post directly to Itunes using the media url copying my file's url into Blubrry and verifying  the link. It seems to work find but it does show up Itunes. We still have that one podcast episode and nothing else appears today. Please help!

Ira

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Can't Send New Posts to Itunes
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 12:47:05 pm »
What's the URL to your iTunes Store listing?

Ira Reynolds

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 01:02:44 pm »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 01:10:43 pm »
OK, I just wanted to ensure that your iTunes Store listing is using the PowerPress feed you linked to above, and it is. Your PowerPress feed has only one item in it right now. That's why your iTunes Store listing only shows one episode. If you've published more than one episode to your site, ensure that you've successfully verified the media URL for each podcast episode and if necessary, update your existing podcast episode posts. Also, please ensure you're running the latest versions of both WordPress and PowerPress. If you're using any caching plugins, turn them off for a couple hours, as they may be "holding on" to an older version of the feed and not letting it update properly.

Ira Reynolds

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 01:31:29 pm »
I have tried to use the media url and vertfying them each time before I published them.  The media url seems to work ok but my podcast isn't uploading. Where can I find the cache and how can I tell what version of Wordpress and PowerPress we are using?  I checked the church's website is 4.2.9 and PowerPress came with Blubrry when I installed it.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 04:10:45 pm »
The current version of WordPress is 4.5.3. You can find your version by logging into your site and scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the main Dashboard page. It's in the right-hand corner. The current version of PowerPress is 7.0.1. You can find out which version you're using by clicking the Plugins link in the left-hand menu of your WordPress dashboard. This page will also show you if you're running any caching plugins.

The only podcast episode currently showing up in your RSS feed is attached to this post on your website:
http://impactchurchohio.com/stay-salty-my-friends/
Can you provide links to your other two podcast episode posts on your website? Have the posts actually posted to the site?

Ira Reynolds

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 05:19:36 pm »
What are you talking about? What other two links are you talking about that are posted?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 01:37:43 pm »
You said you've published three podcast episodes. But there's only one episode in your podcast RSS feed.

In order for the episodes to appear in your podcast RSS feed, you have to publish the WordPress blog posts that contain the episodes to your website. I'm checking to see that you have actually done this. I was able to get the link to the first episode on your website thru your podcast RSS feed. So, where are the other two episodes on the website?

From within your WordPress site, click Posts in the left-hand menu. Look for the titles of the two podcast episodes that haven't yet appeared in your RSS feed. Do they say "Draft" next to them? If so, you need to publish them. If they're not still set as drafts, hover your mouse near their post titles and a link should appear under their titles called "View". Click the View link for each post and then copy the URLs of the two posts into a response here.

Ira Reynolds

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 02:53:34 pm »
I never said I posted three episodes! The episode you see was picked from a hidden page. I don't know how that one got posted. I have tried post some of the sermons  from a current series to Itunes and not one has appeared. Every sermon has been published on Wordpress.   Here a few links that are published but have not appear in the RSS feed.

Is there a probably that Itunes are still listening through the podcasts I tried to submitted but have not post them?

http://impactchurchohio.com/message/simply-profound-parable-of-the-dishonest-manager-ryan-fisher-72206/

http://impactchurchohio.com/message/simply-profound-must-be-ready-ryan-fisher-6252016/

http://impactchurchohio.com/message/simply-profound-does-forgiveness-leads-to-freedom-nathanial-bevington-6182016/

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 03:59:44 pm »
OK, now I think I've got an idea of what may be going on here. Log into your WordPress site and click the PowerPress link on the left-hand side of the page. At the bottom of the PowerPress page, there's a menu called Advanced Options. If it's not already open, open the menu. Tell me if any of these things are checked:
Custom Podcast Channels
Category Podcasting
Taxonomy Podcasting
Post-Type Podcasting

Don't check any of them if they aren't checked now. Just let me know if any of them are currently checked.

Ira Reynolds

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 06:19:31 pm »
I m sorry for the delay.  Those options are not checked.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 03:30:48 pm »
The iTunes staff doesn't listen to podcasts before they appear on the iTunes Store. They receive tens of thousands of new episodes every day. There's no way they'd have time for that.  :)

So you've uploaded your media files and you've embedded them into your WordPress posts. Have you created podcast episodes for them using these instructions?
https://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/using-powerpress/creating-your-first-episode-with-powerpress/

Ira Reynolds

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 04:42:39 pm »
This my first time uploading podcasts from my church. The site was designed to do it automatically, but my Pastor had disabled the featured and was slow on uploading the podcasts each week.

Yes I used these instructions and tried to upload the sermons to Itunes.  The Blubrry instructions were not too clear on how and where to place the url for Itunes store at first. I placed the this url https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/impact-church/id1127626150 in the section in Itunes iTunes New Feed URL then instead of Destination tab. I removed the url and place it in the Destination tab correctly.

Did I change the Itunes New Feed URL could be cause maybe.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 11:26:35 pm »
You shouldn't need to use the iTunes New Feed URL tag. If you have anything in there now, remove it and save the changes.

Podcasting works like this:
1.) You create a blog post in WordPress.
2.) You upload your media file.
3.) You copy/paste the URL of the media file into the Media URL of the Podcast Episode box and click the verify box.
4.) You click the Publish button.

From there, your RSS feed should be automatically updated, which in turn will update your iTunes Store listing. Your iTunes Store listing is currently working off of this podcast feed URL:
http://impactchurchohio.com/feed/podcast/
This is the default PowerPress podcast feed for your website. If you really are adding the episodes to your site the proper way, then they should appear in this feed. But the episodes aren't there.

At this point, I'm not really sure what the problem is.

Ira Reynolds

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 05:28:55 pm »
I just got the phone from Apple Itunes and Wordpress.
First Apple, checked on their end that nothing is wrong. I checked with podcastsconnect to see if we have any pending podcasts waiting for approval. There is were none I could see in podcastsconnect. So I was sent to Wordpress for support.

Second Wordpress, has the worst tech support system ever! Waiting on hold and hearing an automatic voice over and over until I was disconnected. I have to recall them and this time I got a live voice. The phone connection is so poopy I could barely could hear the tech and vice vera. I believed we were talking on Skype or something.  I have to explain what is a plugin to this tech. I am about to cry over this.  Apple Itunes, Blubrry, and Wordpress no idea what is wrong? :'(