Author Topic: When do all the new Google Play and Stitcher features in 7.0 become usable?  (Read 1507 times)

comicref

Updated to 7.0 this morning, excited to finally incorporate Google Play and Stitcher into subscription page and widget. Enabled both, inserted the proper URLs in the settings. Neither are showing under the player (iTunes, Android, RSS still are), neither are showing on my subscribe page, neither are showing on my subscribe widget.

http://theredshtick.com/subscribe-to-our-podcasts/

The shortcode page has no mention of these despite the changelog mentioning:
"Added Google Play Music to subscribe page shortcode embed and sidebar widget.
Added Stitcher to subscribe page shortcode embed and sidebar widget."

When do these features actually "come to life"?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Have you gone to PowerPress >> Settings, Advanced Mode >> Destinations and added all of the necessary links?

comicref

Turns out I hadn't enabled the new strict category option (I have three different shows, each with their own category). That did the trick (for the most part).

Just waiting for the Google Play and Stitcher links to show up on the subscribe page (via shortcode) like iTunes and Android.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Did you add all of the links to the Destinations tab inside the settings for the specific category-based podcasts?

Mike Kresic

I am having the same problem. Since the update, I added the Google Play and Stitcher links to all three of my podcasts (using category podcasting). But the only subscribe links showing under the embedded player are Android and RSS.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
PowerPress 7.0.1 was released today. Please make sure you're running both the latest versions of PowerPress and WordPress and report back if the problem still exists.

Bob Dunn

• Rookie
I'm have destinations filled out correctly, but neither Blubrry or Stitcher are showing up in my widget

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Bob, please post a link to the site where you're having trouble with the widget.