Author Topic: Website URL in iTunes  (Read 645 times)

Roy Koch

Website URL in iTunes
« on: March 23, 2016, 11:44:48 am »
Hello,

I have a podcast page on iTunes. It currently contains 55 episodes (search for Shelli Prindle if you would like to visit).  I load the episodes from a Wordpress site using PowerPress.

Of course the website referenced on iTunes is the one from which I uploaded the episodes.  I would rather reference a different website.  Is there a way to do this?  I want my iTunes visitors to be directed to a different website.

Thanks.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Website URL in iTunes
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 01:12:29 pm »
Click the PowerPress link in the left-hand side of your WordPress dashboard. At the bottom of the page, you'll see a checkbox for Custom Podcast Channels. Click the checkbox and then click the Save Changes button.

Now, you should see a link for Podcast Channels in the left-hand menu, click it. On the next page, you should see your podcast listed there with an Edit link underneath. Click the edit link and go to Feed Landing Page URL. Enter the new URL you want to appear in your iTunes Store page and click the Save Changes button.

Scott Whitney

Re: Website URL in iTunes
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 11:45:01 pm »
Thanks for the response.  We're already using custom podcast (we have about 30 of them).  I think the issue is a WordPress vs. PowerPress issue.  From the looks of it, WP doesn't BY DEFAULT include the featured image in the RSS feed.  My old site had some code in the functions.php file to fix that.