Author Topic: Uploading Podcasts  (Read 1020 times)

Steven Ford

• Rookie
Uploading Podcasts
« on: March 03, 2016, 11:58:31 am »
Do I need a website to distribute a podcast via Blubrry? Can I simply upload the podcast manually to Blubrry and then it will distribute automatically to iTunes, Stitcher, etc from there? I'm not sure I understand the need for a website.

Obviously, I am new at this, so any advice appreciated.

Thanks . . . Steve

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Uploading Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 12:33:22 pm »
If you have a Blubrry media hosting account, you can create your podcast episodes with your Blubrry account which will then give you an RSS feed you can submit to directories like iTunes. So, to answer your question - no you don't specifically need a dedicated website.

If you decide to sign up for Blubrry media hosting, you can use promo code SHAWN to get your first month free.

Steven Ford

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 06:15:05 pm »
Thank you, Shawn. So if we purchase one of the hosting packages, we can manually upload to Blubrry and then obtain the RSS for iTunes in that fashion. Is that correct?

Does the RSS change each time we upload a new podcast? Also, I assume we would need an iTunes account.

Steve

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 09:57:19 pm »
Your workflow would go like this:

1.) Create media file, upload to Blubrry.
2.) Create podcast episode in Blubrry account with a description and title of the episode. The description can be 1 sentence or 10,000 words depending on what you'd like to do.
3.) Blubrry will automatically update your Blubrry-hosted RSS feed.
4.) Anywhere that's syndicating your feed (including iTunes) will receive your latest episodes as you publish them. This is automatic once it's set up. You don't need to do anything else.

You can now submit podcast feeds directly to iTunes thru http://podcastsconnect.apple.com/ You will need to create an Apple ID (you can do this for free) in order to submit podcasts. If you've ever purchased anything thru iTunes (music, apps, etc.) you can use the same Apple ID you've used for those transactions, if you want.