Author Topic: feed not working  (Read 2821 times)

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: feed not working
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 12:32:44 pm »
I really can't advise you on using a VPN. You'll have to do some research on your own for that one. Keep in mind that eventually, Google Play Music will open to non-U.S. users for submission of feeds. The service hasn't officially rolled out yet, so I'm sure it'll open up more after it's launched.

Most podcast directories will report stats back to your Blubrry dashboard. It all depends on how they handle your podcast feed, and you have no control over how they do this. For example, iTunes truly syndicates your feed, so when someone downloads an episode thru either iTunes or the iOS Podcasts app, they're downloading it directly from your media host. Other directories, however, "copy" your files to their servers and then distribute them to listeners that way. In those cases, it becomes harder to tell if listeners on those platforms are being tracked by your Blubrry stats. Stitcher, for example, does report stats back to Blubrry. Spreaker, however, does not.

There used to be a way to submit podcasts to some kind of Blackberry podcast app but the link no longer works. As far as Windows is concerned, just make sure your website has a direct link to your podcast's RSS feed. There are some apps on the Windows Mobile platform that do a Bing search in order to let users subscribe to podcast feeds. If you don't have the feed available to search engines, these apps won't be able to find it.

Segilola Salami

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 02:49:10 pm »
OK many thanks

Hopefully this should be my last question. Based on what you said re stats, what is the best way for my set up to get a close to accurate view of the number of downloads? Is there a time lag from when a download occurs to when it shows on the blubrry stats? I got someone to download the podcast this evening to check via my website and it still says zero downloads. If it is not possible to get accurate figures, how do people who monetize their blog get the figures to show sponsors?

My feed is now on player fm https://player.fm/series/the-segilola-salami-show and tunein http://tunein.com/radio/The-Segilola-Salami-Show-p837568/ (takes 24 hours to fully show), will you get stats from them?

Segilola Salami

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 02:09:59 am »
hi,

I just installed the clammer plugin you recommended in your settings but it doesn't seem to be working on my podcast page.

I also added the donation link, do I need to download skipcast too? or where exactly would the donate button be shown automatically?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:16:01 am by Segilola Salami »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 04:06:05 pm »
Make sure you're using the default MediaElement.js player in order to use the Clammr plugin. As far as the donation link is concerned, you don't need to do anything else. The donation link system is created with information in your RSS feed. It doesn't appear on your website. Currently, Skipcast is the only podcasting client that supports the donation link system but other apps may support it in the future.

Segilola Salami

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 05:43:16 pm »
thanks

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 08:43:35 pm »
No problem! If you've gotten some value out of the support here, please consider leaving a review for the PowerPress plugin: https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/powerpress