Author Topic: Same podcast - different stats  (Read 1957 times)

Steve Hart

Same podcast - different stats
« on: February 07, 2016, 06:09:35 pm »
Strangest thing... My Property Report podcast appears under my property report stats, and among my WordPress podcast stats. But different numbers. For example, the latest one shows 1300+ downloads in one list, an 65 in the other. Shall I add them together?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Same podcast - different stats
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »
What is generating your 'WordPress podcast stats?" If it's not relying on the Blubrry media redirect URL, it's probably duplicating something that's already being tracked in your Blubrry stats.

Steve Hart

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:52:52 pm »
Hi. These are Blubbery stats to which I am refering.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 12:30:10 pm »
There's probably some lag between the stats you see on the Blubrry website and what shows up in the WordPress dashboard. I'd go by what you see on the website as the best overall stats for your show.

Steve Hart

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 12:34:34 pm »
Many thanks. But my point is that looking at the stats on the Blubrry site, my property podcast appears in the property podcast stats and among the wordpress podcast stats, and the numbers for the property podcast are different.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 12:46:01 pm »
What is the name of your podcast as it's listed on your Blubrry account? Also, can you post a screenshot of the "WordPress podcast stats?" I'm still not entirely sure I know what that is.

Steve Hart

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 12:33:45 am »
Hi.
Couldn't see how to attach my screen grabs, so dropbox links for them below.
Look for property podcast 35 in each of the screenshots, and note one is of  my wordpress podcast, the other for my property podcast.

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkefqpqauuz7iep/Screen%20Shot%202016-02-09%20at%206.16.38%20pm.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6r4ofvr59wv60u/Screen%20Shot%202016-02-09%20at%206.17.08%20pm.png?dl=0

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 01:20:13 am »
Ahhhhh. Now I see what's going on. You're talking about Blubrry statistics from two different shows.

In this case, you've got the property report episode 35 in both your Property Report and WordPress Tips and Tricks feeds. So, the stats being counted by both are different, based on each feed's audience. So, in order to get the total for the episode, you would want to add the two numbers from the two different listings together.

Steve Hart

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 02:12:35 am »
Thanks Shawn.
Is there a way to separate property from wordpress (both are fed from the same domain as category podcasts)?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 12:07:48 pm »
Check your post for that episode of the Property Report show and make sure you've selected the correct category. I see that both shows have their own categories on your site, so the only thing that should cause this would be if you accidentally selected the wrong category upon publishing it. Also, category podcasting doesn't always work well if you've selected multiple categories on your posts. So, try to stick to just selecting one category if possible. Also, go into the settings for each category feed and make sure they have the proper media redirect URLs, just in case.

Steve Hart

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 09:19:54 pm »
Thanks. My podcasts / posts are only ever assigned to one category. They have to be in the correct category to appear correctly on iTunes etc.
The redirects are correct.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 12:05:30 am »
Has this kind of cross posting happened with any of your other episodes?

Steve Hart

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 01:10:26 am »
Hi Shawn.
The wordpress stats are littered with property podcast stats.
Whereas the property podcast stats only feature the property podcast.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 12:15:09 pm »
What's the podcast RSS feed URL for the WordPress show?