Author Topic: Anything more needed to enable stats?  (Read 1400 times)

Brian Dunn

Anything more needed to enable stats?
« on: January 27, 2016, 12:09:18 pm »
Hi. I created my podcast website with PowerPress, though I host the audio files and website elsewhere. I posted 5 episodes of the podcast to the website and iTunes before adding Blubrry's basic (free) stats. I know it takes 10 or so downloads before reporting starts, but I want to make sure I don't need to change any URLs or make other settings changes in order for stats to start working. Should I be in good shape?

Thanks.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Anything more needed to enable stats?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 01:44:00 pm »
Please post a link to your PowerPress podcast feed so we can take a look.

Brian Dunn

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:21:09 pm »

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:38:50 pm »
The Blubrry stats redirect URL isn't showing up in your enclosure tags. Each media file must have the redirect URL in order for the stats system to count it. This document provides instructions on how to add the stats redirect to your PowerPress configuration:
http://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/powerpress-settings/services-stats/

Brian Dunn

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »
Thanks for the help.

Okay, it shows stats are enabled, and I see my redirect URL. Sounds like everything's in place to capture *future* episode stats, yes?

To get stats for future downloads of my *current* episodes, do I need to fill out the "Redirect / Destination URL" field for each episode? It's currently blank.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 10:04:41 pm »
If you've got the stats redirect properly in place in the PowerPress settings, the plugin will insert the redirect for you automatically going forward. You shouldn't need to do anything else other than post your episodes as you normally would.

Brian Dunn

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 12:24:16 am »
Right, but for the ones I've already posted?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 03:15:58 am »
The plugin should automatically add the redirect URL to your past episodes as well. However, the Blubrry stats system can't retroactively count downloads that happened before you started using it.

Brian Dunn

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 11:43:21 am »
Awesome. I wasn't expecting retroactive stats, just looking for whether I need to fiddle with already posted episodes--which it appears I don't. Great.

Thanks for the help; I appreciate it. Really glad I found the PowerPress plugin.

Brian Dunn

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 12:16:30 pm »
Last question. I just bought the Pro Stats. Since I've already set up the basic stats, will Blubrry automatically recognize the upgrade?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 11:12:32 pm »
You don't need to do anything else on your end after the upgrade to pro. It doesn't change your redirect URL and you should be able to access the extra information provided by the pro level stats immediately.

Brian Dunn

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 10:42:44 pm »
Thanks for the info.