Author Topic: Feed is showing ALL posts with any media file  (Read 590 times)

Kristen Yates

Feed is showing ALL posts with any media file
« on: January 31, 2016, 06:14:21 pm »
Hi there, I have 2 main problems...

1) Our feed has been showing ALL posts from the past (not podcasts!) that have had any video or media file attached.... (NOT manually put into the PowerPress plugin!)

So I removed those all manually... still was wondering why it did that tho! When I went back to the old posts that are NOT podcasts, I saw that PowerPress had put the media URL in there!

2) My BIGGER problem is that we have 1 old post stuck in our feed - that is NOT a podcast - and is NOT even saved in our old posts! Basically, I have no idea where it came from! I tried to attach an image but I don't see where to do that... anyway. How do I delete a podcast episode in our feed that is NOWHERE in our Wordpress? Where did it come from?!

Thank you!!!

Kristen

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Feed is showing ALL posts with any media file
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 06:27:17 pm »
Are they are any podcast plugins running on your website other than PowerPress? If so, turn those off. Also, if your site is using any caching plugins, turn those off as well. It's possible that a caching plugin is "holding" an older version of your feed, even tho you've updated the feed.

What's the URL to the PowerPress feed you're having it? Can you also post a link to the WordPress post that's still showing up in your podcast feed but shouldn't be?

Kristen Yates

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 07:45:10 pm »
Thanks very much for your reply!

No, we don't have any other podcast plugins.

I will look into the caching plugins.

Here is the URL for our feed:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wtf-should-i-do-w-my-life-!/id1069971206

#36 is the one we don't want in there!

And I can't link to the WordPress post - because it's not in there anywhere! This is why I am so confused! :) I think it may have been an old post that was deleted....?

Thanks! :)

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:47:46 pm »
It looks like #36 in your iTunes Store listing is this post here:
http://sensophy.com/biggest-takeaway-2012/

If I can read it, and link to it, it's still live on your site. You're going to need to delete it or switch it to draft mode if you want it to disappear from your feed. If you're absolutely sure you've removed it from your site, then there could very well be some kind of caching plugin/service at work that's "holding" the post for you. Regardless, as long as it's like this, it's going to continue to show up in your feed.

Kristen Yates

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 10:03:44 pm »
Thank you! I'm not sure about the caching plugin - it's so weird! But I was able to access the post via the link you sent! :) And deleted the podcast media link.

So that should be good!

I am still curious - do you know why PowerPress was putting all of our past media links into the plugin and posting them as podcasts?

Thank you :) :)

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 10:16:21 pm »
I really can't say for sure what happened with those old posts and since you've already deleted them, I can't try and deconstruct what might've been going on. Here's a couple guesses you can take for what they're worth (probably not much):

1.) Your web hosting company did some sort of backup and restored old posts from your website.
2.) You imported some old posts (knowingly or otherwise) and PowerPress imported them into your podcast feed because they had media attachments.

Without knowing exactly what was going on before the old posts reappeared, I can't say for sure. Also, since you were able to find this post in your site now and delete it, I wouldn't worry about the caching thing. Please keep in mind that it may take a day or two before the iTunes Store refreshes your feed, so item #36 may still show up in your listing for a little while, even tho it's been removed from your site.

Kristen Yates

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 10:20:03 pm »
Thanks so much for your awesome and QUICK help on this! I really appreciate it!!!