Author Topic: In ability to change itunes:author setting  (Read 504 times)

Max McCarty

• Rookie
In ability to change itunes:author setting
« on: December 16, 2015, 06:19:05 pm »
So I have read through a number of the same questions (this should be a hint to the UI designers) all about the inability to get the feed to show the correct itunes:author value.

I have went through both simple and advanced mode, selected and deselected, saved, changed, refreshed, shaved a yak and everything else I can think of to attempt to get the value specified in the "Advanced -> iTunes -> Itunes Author" field to show under the programs general podcast settings (the top most settings before your individual post settings).  Here it continues to show the site title.  To reiterate - I have set the value I expect to be shown under "Advanced -> iTunes -> Itunes Author" settings to no avail.

The individual podcasts show the correct value having turned on the check to set the author individually and by specifying on each post the author.  But again, the main podcast program settings keeps showing itunes:author as title of the blog. 

Feed:  http://lockmedown.com/feed/podcast

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: In ability to change itunes:author setting
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 11:44:02 pm »
The very top itunes:author tag (and all subsequent versions of the tag) in your feed shows this:
Code: [Select]
<itunes:author>Max McCarty</itunes:author>Did you want it to show something else?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: In ability to change itunes:author setting
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 01:11:34 pm »
Also, be aware that changes in your feed, especially artwork or other info other than episodes, take a while on iTunes to change.  iTunes will poll your feed sooner or later and make the change. 

-Mike