Author Topic: Wrong Redirect URL1  (Read 1087 times)

Steve Hart

Wrong Redirect URL1
« on: December 05, 2015, 07:25:33 pm »
Hi. I have two websites and two podcasts.
Somehow in the Blubrry settings the wrong URL is in the default field on one of my sites - so cannot be changed. How can I change this to the correct one?
Many thanks. Steve

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Wrong Redirect URL1
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 07:01:50 pm »
If you're referring to the PowerPress plugin, you can't change the URL of the default podcast feed. This is how PowerPress is designed. If you've migrated to PowerPress from another podcasting plugin that generated a different URL, you'll need to set up a 301 redirect from the old feed URL to the new PowerPress feed URL:
http://create.blubrry.com/manual/syndicating-your-podcast-rss-feeds/changing-your-podcast-rss-feed-address-url/

Steve Hart

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 11:41:40 am »
Hi. Yes, have been using your plugin for years for various different podcasts. Situation I have is that I have 2 websites and both have the same URL in the Redirect url1 field.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 11:51:39 am »
Are you trying to use one hosting account for 2 shows? 

By logging in to your blubrry.com account on the 2nd website, it puts the redirect for the show you have hosting for.  To get around this, you will need to upload your shows directly at blubrry.com for the second show and put the redirect for the second show in the redirect 1 box on the 2nd site (logout of blubrry.com on that second site).

-Mike

Steve Hart

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 12:05:03 pm »
Ah, I need a different blubrry account for each of my domains. That makes sense.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 01:12:01 pm »
Well, you don't "have" to. 

You just need a listing for each of your shows under your blubrry.com account.   Use the listing that belongs to the show on each site.   Sign up for free stats on the one that isn't the one with hosting.  Then upload those shows at blubrry.com instead of within your WordPress.

If you want to get another hosting account for the second show, use the promo code MIKE for a free month :)

-Mike