Author Topic: Help understanding images in Powerpress  (Read 1535 times)

Nikolas Hedberg

Help understanding images in Powerpress
« on: December 05, 2015, 12:26:25 pm »
Greetings,

I have a 1,400x1,400 cover art image ready to go for Powerpress/iTunes and I have a few questions to better understand images:

1.  Do I just upload the image to my wordpress blog and paste in the url to the image or do I upload the image to my blubrry hosting account?

2.  Do I need to set tags for the image or does powerpress/blubrry automatically do this?  I have it set to automatically do this for my mp3's but I'm confused about images as well.

3.  Do I just check the iTunes Episode Image box if I want to use the same image for all of my episodes?  It says:  NOTE: You must still save artwork into your media files to guarantee your artwork is displayed during playback.  I'm confused as to what this means by saving artwork into media files.

4.  For the RSS2 image I would just like to use the same cover art image as I use for iTunes.  Does this mean I just compress the file to a smaller size such as 300x300?  If so, what is the best pixel size for this image?

5.  Where do I upload the RSS2 image?

6.  Under MP3 Tags and CoverArt Tag, what image am I using and where do I uploaded it to?  Is this just the same as the RSS2 image?

Thanks for your patience with my questions.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Help understanding images in Powerpress
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 12:52:25 pm »
1.) If you're using PowerPress, just upload the image to your WordPress site and copy/paste the URL into the PowerPress settings. You don't also need to upload the image file directly to the Blubrry website.

2.) When you say "set the tags," i'm not entirely sure what you mean. Once you have the image properly added into your PowerPress settings for the podcast RSS feed, you're done. You don't need to do anything else there. However, if you'd like images to go along with your WordPress posts, you'll still need to add those manually to your posts.

3.) If you want to use the same image for every episode, leave the iTunes Episode Image box unchecked. But do make sure you embed the image into your media files by editing their ID3 tags inside the iTunes desktop application or another ID3 tag editor.

4.) For the RSS2 image, you can use the same exact image as iTunes. You really don't need to worry about resizing the image for RSS2. Even if there's a suggestion to do that, there's really no issue with just using the 1400x1400 iTunes artwork.

5.) Just copy/paste the same URL for the iTunes artwork you uploaded.

6.) If you're properly editing your ID3 tags in a desktop application such as iTunes, you can ignore this. But, if you want to use this feature, you can use the same URL for your artwork as the iTunes artwork you've already uploaded.

Nikolas Hedberg

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 02:26:26 pm »
Thank you so much for your quick response Shawn!  Just one follow-up clarification regarding ID3 tags.

So if I don't want to use a desktop application to edit the image file I can just use powerpress to do this for me under the MP3 Tags and  Coverart tag option?  This would properly take of the cover art for the show, RSS feed and art for each episode?  I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to just use the same image for everything and I was confused if I need to edit the ID3 tags myself or if powerpress would take care of all of this for me.

Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 03:26:26 pm »
If you're using PowerPress AND Blubrry media hosting AND you're uploading your files to your Blubrry account thru your WordPress installation, you can use PowerPress to edit your files' mp3 tags. You must be doing all these things for it to work. If you're not doing all of these things, then you'll need to edit the tags with a desktop application such as iTunes.

Nikolas Hedberg

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 05:30:06 pm »
Yes, I am doing all of those the way you describe.  Thanks for your help!