Author Topic: How to setup access to premium podcast episodes  (Read 401 times)

Matt_T

• Rookie
How to setup access to premium podcast episodes
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:17:20 pm »
Hello Blubrry community,

I'm in the very early planning stages of starting up a podcast to be hosted with Blubrry.. but I have a technical question I'm struggling to get my head around.

My podcast aims to interview people (athletes, business, entrepreneurs, etc) and find out what their 'secrets to success' are.

To monetize my podcast, I want to cut out the 'secrets to success' section.. and make this only available to subscribing members (possibly via a WordPress membership plugin?).

The podcast that doesn't contain the 'secrets to success' section will be the one that I publish to the world via iTunes.

What is the best way to achieve this?

I was thinking of having two files (per podcast) hosted with Blubrry - one 'with' the success secrets, and one 'without' the success secrets.. and using a Wordpress membership plugin, allow access to the 'success secrets' file for subscribers only..

Is this the best way / possible?

Regards
Matt

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: How to setup access to premium podcast episodes
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 11:57:54 am »
We help podcasters and enterprise clients setup premium podcasting often.

There are a number of ways to provide premium podcasts. We do not provide such functionality as a service, rather we help you setup such functionality on your own WordPress blog using our free open source PowerPress plugin along with other plugins to provide the functionality you need.

Usually the first consultation we discuss your options to help you you make the right decision. There's no one way to do premium podcasting, your needs will determine the best solution.

If you would like our assistance with setting up up a premium podcast, we can schedule a consultation. Here are details about our consultation services: http://create.blubrry.com/support/podcast-consulting-services/

-Mike

Steve Hart

Re: How to setup access to premium podcast episodes
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:09:29 am »
You'd need to create two Posts - one with, one without. Then use a membership plugin such as S2Member to protect certain posts from being accessed without payment. A link to the premium content can be posted on your free version of the podcast.