Author Topic: Help and advise on my upcoming podcast.  (Read 1756 times)

howlonghaveibeenthere

• Rookie
Help and advise on my upcoming podcast.
« on: November 09, 2015, 12:25:02 pm »
Hey!
I'm about to start a new podcast 'How long have I been there?', i will be talking about general questions people have, such as relationships, education, drugs. I feel as though I have had quite a bit of life experience, even though I'm 21, and have strong opinions which i would like to put across through the podcast.
I would just like some tips and some of your opinions on my new podcast show and if you can help me in anyway.
Whats do you guys think of the name of the podcast, there is a reason behind the name that will be explained with in the podcast but id just like your first opinion on it too.
As I've said i will be covering general questions and putting across my opinion. I feel as though it should be an over 18s show just because of some of the topics I will be covering and i do tend to swear a little, so my target audience will be around 18 to 35 year olds.
At first I think I will be recording my podcasts and uploading them through an app on my phone until it becomes more popular.
Any help or tips for a new starter will be amazing.
Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Help and advise on my upcoming podcast.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 01:17:15 pm »
Not knowing the backstory behind "How Long Have I Been There," it's hard to give a full opinion on it. That being stated, it's not a terrible title, especially for something like an advice show. Sounds close to "I've been there," which is a bit more immediately descriptive in terms of what your show is about.

The only advice I can give you re: explicit language is that podcasts without it tend to be open to a wider audience. Many people listen to podcasts with the family (kids) within earshot so they'd probably avoid a podcast that carries an explicit tag. That being stated, I listen to plenty of podcasts that do carry the explicit tag (and produce one myself). So, there are still plenty of people that will listen to a show like this. Also, make sure whatever platform you use to distribute your show will allow you to add an explicit tag to your RSS feed. If you don't do this, and someone reports your show on iTunes, they will remove your show without warning.

howlonghaveibeenthere

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 03:01:14 pm »
Hey!
thanks for the advise, I quite like the idea of the name "I've been there". Yeah, I thought about cutting out the swearing, but I thought if I'm bringing up topics like drug taking etc then would there be any point, but thanks for the advise maan! Appreciate it!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 03:51:41 pm »
There is definitely a point where your subject matter isn't family friendly, swearing or otherwise. In which case, you may as well get as salty as you want with the language! Best of luck with the show. We have a section here on the forum for promoting new podcasts. Feel free to post something up when your show is live!