Author Topic: Blubrry Episode Listings Not Auto-Updating, but iTunes Listing is...  (Read 686 times)

RadioRookie

I noticed that our podcast listings on the Blubrry directory had not updated in the past 6 months. The listings on Bluburry were not updating, but they were/are updating on iTunes just fine.  I discovered the Blubrry manual refresh section in our dashboard today. Once I clicked on that tool, all of our episodes on Blubrry refreshed to reflect our currently published content.

That being said, does this mean I will have to continue manually refreshing our episodes on Blubrry moving forward or was there something stuck that it should begin to auto-update from now on? 

Here is our listing on Blubrry  - https://www.blubrry.com/inceptionradionetwork/

Here is our listing on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/inception-radio-network/id427120052?mt=2

I would expect the Blubrry listings to update in sync with the iTunes. If this fails to happen after this post, I would appreciate any feedback as to why the two services are not in sync.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Blubrry Episode Listings Not Auto-Updating, but iTunes Listing is...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 04:07:24 pm »
You shouldn't need to manually update your Blubrry listing on a regular basis. But, sometimes it does get "stuck" and needs a manual refresh. If you notice it's not updating often, let us know and we'll double-check it. For now, you should be fine.

RadioRookie

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 10:13:00 pm »
I am still forced to manually refresh the listings in Blubrry since creating this thread. All other podcast services continue to refresh them automatically within hours of when I publish them.  Please help!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 09:14:43 am »
We know about the problem.  it's on our list to fix in the next few weeks.  We have a major update planned for the directory and the feed pulling system will be fixed for good at that time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Mike
Lead Tech Support
Blubrry.com

RadioRookie

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 10:04:39 am »
Thanks for the update.