Author Topic: hide podcast blog post  (Read 1011 times)

Todd Faris

• Rookie
hide podcast blog post
« on: October 14, 2015, 12:42:47 pm »
I just started my first podcast and am also new to Wordpress and Blubrry. Podcasts are working perfectly, but each episode is generating a new blog post on our "latest posts" blog page. If I set the podcast post visibility to private, it disappears from our blog page, but also disappears from iTunes. How do I post a podcast without creating a visible blog post on our page?

If I have asked this question in the wrong place, please let me know where to go!

Thank you!

- Todd
www.crosstocrown.org/blog/

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: hide podcast blog post
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 01:16:03 pm »
You can't generate a podcast using WordPress/PowerPress and have the podcast posts not show up on the website. If you wanted to have your blog posts and podcast episodes separate so they don't appear in the same place, you could create special categories for each type of post and them link to those category archives using a menu or links from a static homepage. Alternatively, you could look into using post types but that can be complex and isn't something to be tried unless you're very comfortable with using post types already.

Another option would be to run the podcast from a separate WordPress installation, perhaps on a subdomain or subdirectory of the main site and then link to it from the main site.