Author Topic: FlowPlayer color  (Read 4034 times)

joaovalado

FlowPlayer color
« on: April 29, 2009, 08:31:54 am »
Hello,

Is it possible to change the color of the default (flowplayer) player in the wordpress plugin?

Thanks

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: FlowPlayer color
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:19:41 am »
Not currently.

joaovalado

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 02:39:31 pm »
Not currently.

No even editing the file "player.js"?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 04:38:58 pm »
Nope, the version of FlowPlayer we are using (v2) can only be skinned by editing the flash source code then recompiling a new swf file. The latest FlowPlayer can be skinned but uses all new javascript code so we haven't updated it yet.

joaovalado

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 04:52:49 pm »
Ok...
And, are I thinking about upgrading to a newer version of Flowplayer in a future release of powerpress?

I would like to have the player with different color, and thought about using the 1pixel audio player. The problem was I got the layout I wanted:

1pixelout player
Standard podcast: Open in a new window | Download

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 07:51:22 pm »
We're not committing to using FlowPlayer v3 in the future player bundled with Blubrry PowerPress. We will have something bundled we just haven't decided yet. What ever we do pick will allow for color customization.

I'm not going to promise anything until we figure out what we're going to use. I can say that in the future we'll be offering an alternative player but also maintain the existing player for those folks who are comfortable with the current player.

joaovalado

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 07:44:50 am »
Thanks for your help.

Is there any way I can use the 1 pxelout player, but keep the "Play in a new window | Download | etc ..." underneath it?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 12:57:08 pm »
Yes, you need just need to tweak the player settings. If you select 'play in new window' option, it will not display the player in the page and thus add only the links to the bottom of your blog posts.