Author Topic: Input the wrong email for iTunes  (Read 547 times)

Alexander Bezdek

Input the wrong email for iTunes
« on: August 02, 2015, 06:04:41 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm a total novice.  I finally got around to submitting my feed to iTunes, and of course, I realized after the fact that there was an error in the email that I had in my PowerPress profile for "iTunes Email."  I only caught this after pressing submit in iTunes and seeing the email they said they would be sending information to.

I immediately went in and updated the address in PowerPress to the correct one, but I'm nervous.  Was this an irreversible error?

Alex

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Input the wrong email for iTunes
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 06:53:19 pm »
It's hard to say for sure what'll happen here. If Apple is gonna reply to the e-mail address that's in the RSS feed, and they don't pull the feed right away (like, right when you submit it), you should be fine as you've updated it in the PowerPress settings.

It can take anywhere from a couple days to a week before iTunes approves new show listings. If you don't get any kind of e-mail from them in a few days, do a search of the iTunes Store and see if your show is listed. If it isn't, give it a few more days and try again. If a week goes by and you haven't heard anything and your show still isn't listed in the store, file a support request at:
https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Alexander Bezdek

Re: Input the wrong email for iTunes
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 01:41:08 pm »
Thank you, Shawn!  For everyone's info, I did end up receiving an email from iTunes that they were reviewing my podcast.  This was sent to BOTH the original erroneous email I had put in AND the correct one.  Should there be any mishaps from here, I'll follow up.