Author Topic: [Powerpress] displays 2 videos (hosted video enclosure plus YouTube)  (Read 1341 times)

geekazine

If I use the shortcode [Powerpress] I am getting two instances of the video - the hosted video enclosure and my YouTube media embed. If I let the embed naturally happen, only one instance shows up.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
What would you prefer PowerPress to display? Your YouTube video or the video you uploaded? It also looks like you've got an audio player showing up. You can use channel slugs with the PowerPress shortcode to display media from only specific channels: [powerpress channel="channel-slug"] if needed.

geekazine

It should work just like if I didn't use the [powerpress] code. The YouTube video should  trump the MP4.  It's all in one container, so a slug won't make a difference

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Go to PowerPress >> Settings >> Basic Settings. Do you have both the Embed Field and Replace Player with Embed boxes checked?

geekazine

Yuppers. Both checked.

geekazine

Also tried it on Geekazine. Same issue. Changed the theme to Twenty-Fifteen. Same issue.

Also went to my testbed website and took out all plugins but Blubrry. Still had the same issue.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Jeff,

Are you putting the youtube embed in the body of the post?  Or just in the imbed block in your podcast episode box?

-Mike