Author Topic: Gap Between Player at end of post  (Read 549 times)

whiwo

Gap Between Player at end of post
« on: July 08, 2015, 05:55:06 pm »
For some reason, there is a massive gap between the player and the end of the post.  This is new and I'm not certain how to fix it.  My website is http://partyfavorz.com and here is a screenshot https://1e9a6aa6-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/whiwo65/home/miscellaneous/Gap.PNG

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Gap Between Player at end of post
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 02:53:09 pm »
This is a function of your theme's CSS. 

You will have to get with your theme developer for help on where the player displays.

--
Mike
Lead Tech Support
Blubrry.com

whiwo

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 05:21:05 pm »
Hey Mike,

I followed up with my theme developer and he couldn't identify any conflicts with the theme.  He tried a work around but it still didn't work.  I disabled all of my plugins one by one to no avail.  Then I deleted the powerpress plugin from my file manager and reinstalled it (all my info and settings still intact ...whew!) and I've posted to stack overflow about the issue.  The one response I did get was to inspect the element.

From what I saw, there is the part of the container <div class"mejs-clear"></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

that when selected points right above the player where the gap is. I've included a snippet of the part of the code that is of concern https://1e9a6aa6-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/whiwo65/home/miscellaneous/MediaElement%20Gap.PNG.  The issue isn't on just one post, it's on all of them.  I was hoping there would be some sort of exception I could place in functions.php file to clear this out, which is what the theme developer attempted to have me do, but it just did not work.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:23:21 pm by whiwo »

whiwo

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 08:37:17 pm »
Forget what I just posted.  After taking a break and re-inspecting the element I found the real problem.  There is a break <br> between each metadata description in the powerpress player.  When I remove them in Google element preview to see what happens, everything becomes aligned as it should (as it had been all along until sometime recently)  See image here: https://1e9a6aa6-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/whiwo65/home/miscellaneous/br.PNG

This is not a theme issue nor is it a plugin issue.  How do I get rid of this for all posts indefinitely? 

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:37:42 am »
PowerPress does not add <br /> tags. I've seen this happen though by other plugins that replace carriage returns with <br /> tags. Your best bet is to disable plugins one by one until you find the culprit.

This is all happening in the "the_content" action filter. You can add a define in your wp-config.php to tell PowerPress to add its player and links after what ever plugin is adding the <br /> tags does its modifications.

Code: [Select]
define('POWERPRESS_CONTENT_ACTION_PRIORITY', 99999);
The 99999 will make PowerPress add the player and links last (hopefully last) in the the_content action. Keep making that number larger till the problem goes away.

I've also seen plugins (though not recently) that modify the content after the page has been created. Hopefully you're not running into that situation here.

whiwo

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 12:31:24 pm »
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!  I had already tried deactivating each plugin one by one, trying to isolate the issue.  Frankly, I thought it was either the AdSense or Related Posts plugins but neither appeared to be the culprit.  Then, I deleted the PowerPress plugin folder entirely in my file manager, cleared my cache and reinstalled the plugin but it still had no affect.  This was driving me nuts!

Your solution worked perfectly.  It just moves the player below Related posts and aligns the embed and download links, which is visually more appealing.  I can't thank you enough. 

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 02:08:32 pm »
Awesome! Would be nice to have known which plugin was causing the problem but hey if it works then enjoy!

whiwo

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 09:58:12 am »
I'm still banking on the AdSense plugin by Google.  What it does is search out all these areas on your page to put adverts.  It highlights those areas and then you select where you want them.  Often it suggests sticking the ads between paragraphs.  I really think those breaks were inadvertently coming from their plugin (i.e. trying to parse metadata to put an ad in-between the lines, which of course you can't do).