Author Topic: Feed No Longer Appearing in iTunes?  (Read 486 times)

KentyMac

Feed No Longer Appearing in iTunes?
« on: May 09, 2015, 09:21:38 pm »
Hello,

I have a podcast that has been hosted at www.RiverPodcast.com for over a year now.  About two months ago the feed at http://riverpodcast.com/feed/podcast/ quit updating due to a conflict with our Flying News theme.  The theme developer fixed the theme and the feed now validates again and the latest episode is being pushed to the feed.  However, I cannot find the feed in iTunes when I search the directory nor does it give me an iTunes option when I use the [powerpress_subscribe] shortcode.

I used to be able to access the iTunes feed via https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/river-podcast/id876260926 but that isn't working either.

Thank you! Your help is greatly appreciated!  :)

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Feed No Longer Appearing in iTunes?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 10:33:00 am »
It looks like Apple has removed your podcast from the directory.

You can try re-submitting the feed to itunes.  If that doesn't work, contact Apple (podcasts@apple.com) and give them your old listing address and the feed and ask them to reset it for you.

-Mike

Panda41

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 01:48:43 pm »
Hi,

This situation brings up a question that I've been wondering about. If I use the podcast feed generated by my own Wordpress website (mywebsite.com/feed/podcast) but occasionally put up an "under construction" maintenance screen to block content while I tinker with website-related technical glitches, would iTunes and/or other podcast outlets detect that my feed is unavailable because of the under-construction screen and consequently drop me from their service? And if that's the case, should I just leave Wordpress website up and running all the time and never put up an "under construction" maintenance screen unless my website has a major crash of some sort? Thanks!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 02:11:28 pm »
If it's for a short time, iTunes won't drop you.   If it's down for a LONG time, they will.

I just work on my site live :)

-Mike

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 08:23:03 pm »
When Mike says short time that would be defined in days versus hours.. I have known feeds to be offline for months before iTunes pulled a listing.

Todd.