Author Topic: How much does it cost to set up a premium subscription feature?  (Read 1573 times)

Panda41

Hi,

I want some of my audio podcast episodes to be free to listeners, but I also want to designate some episodes as premium content available only to listeners who subscribe or who purchase individual episodes, I've read on this forum that Blubrry can be hired on a consulting basis to set up this arrangement. As I understand it, this task would entail outfitting my website with a premium Wishlist Member plugin, as well as the cost of hiring a Blubrry consultant to carry out the task. A few quick questions:

1. Assuming that I'm using a self-hosted Wordpress site on Hostgator, and that I'm using Blubrry to host my media files, and that I'm also using the Powerpress plugin, what would be a rough estimate (I won't hold you to it) of the amount that Blubrry would charge to set up a premium-content feature on my website? I just want a rough, ballpark sense of how much money this would cost.

2. I don't want to be responsible for my customers' confidential financial information, such as credit card numbers. Consequently, I would prefer that my customers' financial information stay off my website altogether and go directly to a payment processor like Stripe or Paypal. Is this possible?

3. Would it be possible to use Stripe rather than Paypal as the payment processor (I'm not a fan of Paypal)?

4. If Blubrry helps me set this up, am I required to share part of the subscription or purchase income with Blubrry?

5. Does Blubrry often help people set up premium-content feature? I'm asking because I tried to find out more information about this topic in the Blubrry forum and didn't find much info about it.

Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: How much does it cost to set up a premium subscription feature?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 06:30:40 pm »
There are many variables involved in setting up a premium podcast feed. There's no one-size-fits-all approach. If you look around the forums (and other places online that cater to podcasters) you might find some solutions. You can also pick up some consulting time if you need one-on-one help.