Author Topic: Custom Episode Description in iTunes Not Working  (Read 1086 times)

IceQueen155

Custom Episode Description in iTunes Not Working
« on: May 03, 2015, 03:56:13 pm »
A while back I set up the PowerPress settings so that I could enter my own iTunes Summary instead of iTunes pulling my whole blog post into the episode summary. But despite filling out the iTunes Summary Field for weeks iTunes still pulls the description from the whole blog posts instead. I've been looking all over on how to fix it but I haven't found a solution anywhere.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Custom Episode Description in iTunes Not Working
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 07:05:55 pm »
What's the URL to your iTunes Store listing? Also, are you looking at your show in the iTunes desktop application or the iOS Podcasts app?

IceQueen155

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 10:20:04 am »
The url: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/digipodify-a-digimon-podcast/id949258397

I'm looking at it in the iOS Podcast app. It seems to be working in the desktop application but how it looks in the app is my real concern.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 02:54:07 pm »
Believe it or not, the iTunes desktop and the IOS Podcasts App use different things for the Episode description (makes no sense to me either).

It seems the IOS app uses your blog post no matter what you put as the itunes episode description. 

-Mike

IceQueen155

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 03:52:05 pm »
Aw man :( Would you by any chance know how to change it?

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 04:04:48 pm »
Not really.  Change the blog post I guess :(   

Complaining about Apple is sort of like complaining about the weather.  Doesn't do much good either way :)

-Mike

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 09:39:26 am »
To explain more,  iTunes (the Desktop App and the store) use the <itunes:summary> tag first, if that doesn't exist it uses the <description> tag in the RSS feed and lastly <content:encoded> tag (your blog post). 

The Podcasts IOS App use (in this order) <content:encoded> then <itunes:summary> and lastly <description>. 

Until Apple changes it (contact them to complain), it will just be that way..  Yes, it sucks :(

-Mike