Author Topic: How to include HTML in itunes episode summary  (Read 2087 times)

mmira09

• Rookie
How to include HTML in itunes episode summary
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:23:20 pm »
Hello!

I've noticed some podcasts are now including links in their iTunes episode descriptions.
Can someone please show me how to include HTML in the descriptions?

I'm using PowerPress and hosting on LibSyn

Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: How to include HTML in itunes episode summary
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 09:42:25 pm »
Can you provide an iTunes Store listing to a show that has working HTML in its summaries? I'd like to take a look.

mmira09

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 09:46:41 pm »
I'm not sure about the store summaries...but Entrepreneur On Fire and a couple of other podcasts have started adding lead generation opt-in links to their episode summaries.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 10:30:31 pm »
I just looked up Entrepreneur on Fire in iTunes and there are some plain text URL's in the episode summaries but none of them are clickable from with the iTunes desktop application.

The links are usable however in the iOS Podcasts app but that's just 'cause that's how Apple designed the Podcasts app. As long as your episode summaries have either plain text URL's or actual HTML links, they'll show up as clickable (tappable) in the iOS Podcasts app. To the best of my knowledge, this type of function doesn't exist for any podcast within the iTunes desktop application.

mmira09

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 07:58:10 am »
Ah! Ok, that makes sense.
I was viewing them in the podcast app, so I just assumed it was something special they were doing.

Thanks!