Author Topic: PowerPress Upgrade Erased iTunes Podcast Title  (Read 1667 times)

paulandstorm

PowerPress Upgrade Erased iTunes Podcast Title
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:39:23 am »
Have been using PowerPress for a while, generally been very happy with it.  However, when I installed the latest release a couple weeks ago, iTunes no longer "sees" the title of the podcast.

We are using WordPress 2.7.1, and PowerPress 0.7.2.  We have only one podcast feed:  http://www.paulandstorm.com/feed/podcast/  The correct title of the podcast is "Paul and Storm Talk About Some Stuff for Five to Ten Minutes (On Average)". I noticed a few days ago, however, that the title as listed in iTunes is just the blog category listing: "Paul and Storm >> Podcast". (iTunes listing of the podcast is here:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=287795097 )

When I noticed this, I went into the PowerPress "Custom Feeds" settings for the feed and saw that the title was blank, so I entered the correct, longer title and saved the new settings.

It has been well over 48 hours since I made that change, and our podcast has updated since then (a new one on Monday evening) and has appeared in iTunes; but the correct title still does not appear. Any idea what, if anything, I have done wrong? Should it take longer than 48 hours for a title change to propagate through iTunes? This is kind of an important issue for us, given that it's the title of the podcast, and the first thing people see and all.

Thank you,

Paul Sabourin
Paul and Storm

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: PowerPress Upgrade Erased iTunes Podcast Title
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:18:10 pm »
We're sorry the upgrade messed up your title. You do have it fixed in the correct spot. Problem is now you need to wait until iTunes re-caches this information. iTunes has a reputation for taking a while to grab these changes. It can range from 24 hours to 3 weeks. :(