Author Topic: Trying to decide  (Read 1441 times)

mynameisadam

• Rookie
Trying to decide
« on: April 17, 2015, 01:19:05 am »
Hi Guys & Gals,

One of my tasks for next week is to decide on my hosting provider. Kind of stuck between podomatic and Libsyn. Any recommendations? Who is better?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Trying to decide
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 12:09:55 am »
Have you taken a look at Blubrry media hosting?

twoormoretotango

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 08:09:51 pm »
Well, more to the topic of this forum ;) - I am REALLY wrestling with the decision to use Blubrry of Libsyn.  A lot of people, a TON of people, use Libsyn, including the podcasters giving me help and tips on starting up my new podcast. OTOH, Blubrry seems to offer simpler publishing of my podcasting. OTOH - Libsyn appears to offer stats that include downloads by city (I'm looking at the $20 plan for both) and I don't see that for Blubrry, and for various reasons that would be extremely useful to me. So, Libsyn appears to be more capacity for the same $20, and the cities in the stats, and more people I know who are helping me out use them, while Blubrry seems to be the simplest with my Powerpress plug in on my new site.

I need to select so I can get up and running! LOL!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 03:12:00 pm »
Use Blubrry, read our about so you can understand the difference between our company and all the others: http://create.blubrry.com/resources/about-blubrry/ This is what we do, we aren't owned by someone else who has other business operations that distract from the company's bottom line.

City statistics data: We offer that for enterprise clients when needed, most do not need that granular of reporting. You're the first podcaster to ask. If that's the reason you pick LibSyn over us, please let me know. Is there a city you are targeting? The regional data is more valuable than city simply because of the dominance of suburbs in the United States.

Statistics, we offer more navigation options (they have been copying our interface navigation for the past 2 years so they may be close to having everything we do now, not sure). I believe they still do not offer day to day range reporting options, nor do they provide a day to day or month to month trending report like we do. We also have a more extensive client database, we have over 200 clients we detect and report, though currently only about 60 of them are actively used (e.g. Juice podcast app is barely used today). More recently we rolled out an update to prevent Twitter bombing.

Hosting wise, it is hard to compare our service to Libsyn's. We pride ourselves in providing a fair service, we're not trying to nick and dime our customers. For example, our service includes what we call "No-Fault hosting", meaning you can go over your quota up to 25% each month, which allows you to maximize your storage quota, rather than be limited to it. Last month we launched "Long Tail Publishing", which allows you to overwrite your past episodes without it counting against your current months quota. Our competitors including Libsyn make you use current months storage to overwrite past episodes.

We know many podcast 'consultants' were not recommending us until we launched an affiliate program last year. If you have a favorite consultant that still does not recommend blubrry, let them know we now have an affiliate program. The only reason most recommend Libsyn is because they can earn passive income with their affiliate code. Our affiliate system is better than LibSyn's primarily because we include an annual bonus based on gross sales each year. Basically, the longer your customers remain customers, you get a 5-7% annual bonus.