Author Topic: PowerPress Upgrade Hosed my Feedburner Feed  (Read 1814 times)

americancliche

PowerPress Upgrade Hosed my Feedburner Feed
« on: April 14, 2009, 10:19:06 pm »
I upgraded PowerPress last week and everything seemed to work OK. Tonight though I published a new episode and tested the RSS feed and it is hosed. All of my listings in things like iTunes etc point to:

feeds.feedburner.com/americancliche

Somehow PowerPress broke that. Now mp3s don't show up in the enclosure. It sees video files, but not Mp3.

I am losing money everyday this is down. Can somebody please help? I've tried figuring it out in the PowerPress setting but they are confusing. I'm stuck.

Rob Safuto

Re: PowerPress Upgrade Hosed my Feedburner Feed
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:16:27 am »
If you're using FeedBurner for your podcast feed then why do you need the PowerPress plugin? The purpose of a plugin like PowerPress is to provide podcasting capability and integration with iTunes so if you're using PowerPress you really don't need FeedBurner. And if you're using FeedBurner then you really don't need PowerPress. So perhaps you should just disable PowerPress for the time being.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: PowerPress Upgrade Hosed my Feedburner Feed
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:04:06 am »
There is value in using both PowerPress and FeedBurner, FeedBurner will give you feed usage statistics while PowerPress will build all your media URLs and format your itunes tags appropriately. I suspect the main problem is your FeedBurner settings are pulling in your main RSS feed from your blog, not the podcast only feed which is why all the mp3s have gone missing. Simply go into your Feed Settings page (in advanced mode) and in the first option select 'Enhance all feeds'. then click save. This will enhance (add itunes and podcast tags) to your main RSS feed.