Author Topic: iTunes keywords field not showing  (Read 1272 times)

apirzada

• Rookie
iTunes keywords field not showing
« on: April 06, 2015, 10:54:47 pm »
Hi, I'm just entering all the pertinent fields in PowerPress to configure my RSS feed and prepare it for submission in iTunes.  However, in entering the fields in the iTunes tab of PowerPress (6.0.2), I don't see the "iTunes Program Keywords" field showing up there.  :( If it were there, I understand I may enter up to 12 keywords related to my podcast.

According to this tutorial online, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93BNE3ryf8, it should be showing up in the iTunes tab between the "iTunes Episode Summary" and "iTunes Category" fields.

I'm wondering if it perhaps doesn't show because I have not yet submitted to iTunes?  ... or am I missing/overlooking something else?

Any help/guidance/assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: iTunes keywords field not showing
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 12:48:14 am »
Apple has deprecated iTunes keywords within their required specifications so you no longer need to include them. The keywords field you're seeing in the tutorial has been removed from PowerPress settings because of this. You can proceed without it.

apirzada

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 11:09:53 pm »
Thank you, Shawn.  This was very helpful.  I appreciate you responding.  Now I know to keep looking for the keywords field.

apirzada

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 05:57:46 am »
Meant, of course, to say that I know NOT to keep looking for it.