Author Topic: Import from existing iTunes podcast XML feed - REALLY need this  (Read 6209 times)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Import from existing iTunes podcast XML feed - REALLY need this
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 02:24:54 pm »
Please email me, i can send you the test plugin we have. It's still not yet integrated with PowerPress. cio [at] rawvoice dot com

bpotter

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 03:24:48 am »
Hello,

It's been a while and I was hoping this feature has been implemented. What is the status on this request?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 03:23:38 pm »
It is getting incorporated into PowerPress 7.0.

If you need this sooner, please email me at the address above, I can email you the import plugin (latest version before it was merged into PowerPress 7)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 05:55:21 pm »
This is now part of PowerPress as of version 6.3! We were going to put it with 7.0 but the recent volume of requests and rumors of a service possible shutting down soon sparked us to put this out as a separate release.

Please check out advance options, you can import program level info, everything but the 'link" field is imported. The link field is not imported because the link is more than likely wrong to use once the podcast is moved.

Normally an import to a clean install will grab all the program meta information. If the program meta is already set in PowerPress though it will not overwrite unless you check the advanced option to overwrite the program info.

The itunes image is also downloaded and saved in the powerpress cover art folder on your server.

Thanks everyone for feedback and suggestions!