Author Topic: Deleted Old WP site and installed a new instance  (Read 606 times)

vaentourage

• Rookie
Deleted Old WP site and installed a new instance
« on: May 20, 2015, 03:23:21 pm »
Hello PowerPress Support,

First up thanks for this awesome plugin. Its really easy to use.

I have a question. I had a WordPress website where I had the powerpress plugin installed and configured. It was pushing episodes on to the iTunes library just fine.

I decided to delete the website and design a new one on the same domain name but just a different host. In doing so I didn't take any sort of back up for the PowerPress plugin.

So now I have the new website installed and up and running. Also installed the powerpress plugin. How do I go about the setup now? I still want my old episodes to be there in iTunes and just start uploading the new ones that I have recorded.

Please advise. Thanks in advance

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Deleted Old WP site and installed a new instance
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 08:17:33 am »
Since you don't have a backup of the old site, you will have to re-post all the episodes just like you did before.

You can backdate the posts to the original release date to keep everything in the correct order ( I suggest you start with the newest episodes and work backward).  Since you are on the same domain name, you should be able to use the same feed address as you did before.

There isn't really an automatic way to do this.  Do it just like you did it the first time.

-Mike

vaentourage

• Rookie
Re: Deleted Old WP site and installed a new instance
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 05:23:13 pm »
Thanks for your help. Will do as directed!