Author Topic: Populate fields from ID3 tags  (Read 8665 times)

AlanOfTheBerg

Populate fields from ID3 tags
« on: July 23, 2013, 12:04:30 am »
I often pre-populate most every field necessary for the PowerPress publication of a feed entry in the audio file itself: name, author, date/year, album info, description, subtitle, rating, etc. It would be wonderful and make things mucho easier if, on Verify of the file location, that all the tag info which matches what PowerPress is looking for, is read and populated automatically.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Populate fields from ID3 tags
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:58:33 am »
That is a good idea. The only thing that doesn't translate directly is the title/description in the media file to the iTunes:summary, subtitle, and title. I would recommend the first 250 characters of the description for the subtitle. But what do you want to see happen with this data?

AlanOfTheBerg

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 08:53:33 pm »
Not sure I have a direct answer, but I'm sure a translation table could be proposed and agreed to. There's not that many fields. I haven't sat down to figure it out precisely.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:06:29 am »
Actually everything will translate except this is the only scenario where we need some thought into.

AlanOfTheBerg

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 11:44:55 pm »
Cool, so this is something that could make it into powerpress?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 09:48:04 am »
Yes, we will need to prioritize it among the other list of feature requests though. We are finishing up version 5.0 at the moment, once that is released then we'll be going over the next release to see what features we will add.

marrie

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 11:16:33 pm »
I used to be part of a service that did this. I don't often ID3 tag my files anymore because I don't have anythign on a mac that will do this. but yeah that would be a nice toggle option that the more advansed podcasters can use.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 07:07:10 am »
iTunes (the program on your mac) will do iD3 tags... See: http://create.blubrry.com/manual/creating-podcast-media/audio/id3-tags-media-meta-data/

-Mike