Author Topic: "Add Media" Media URL in article DELETES existing Podcast Episode already saved  (Read 1411 times)

Botrax

• Rookie
PowerPress 6.01
WordPress 4.1

Existing Podcast Episode is DELETED when "Add Media" button is used with "Insert from URL" method to embed Youtube and MixCloud media in article.

-I have existing articles with Podcast Episodes already saved/attached to the article.
-Podcast works fine with iTunes, Stitcher and all other podcast directory services.
-I edit the existing article.
-I insert media URLs to Youtube videos, Mixcloud and such by using the "Add Media" button, "Insert from URL" method. I paste a Youtube or MixCloud URL.
-I SAVE/PUBLISH article.
-Existing podcast episode is DELETED.

-I have to paste the URL to the MP3 episode on the first line of the article, then Podcast Episode is restored to match that MP3 URL (it overrides all other media URLs in article that replace existing PodCast Episode

Expected behavior is that the Podcast Episode will not change when adding Media URLs in article.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Is the media for your podcast still in the feed when you add a YouTube URL? 

Make sure you don't see a checkbox where the podcast episode box is that sayd "modify podcast episode"   If so, it's still there.

-Mike

Botrax

• Rookie
-PodCast episode is removed when Youtube URL is added
-"Modify podcast episode" is visible when Saving/Publishing update.

-Cannot reproduce on my test site.

-We are having this issue on ANOTHER Radio/podcasting collective. Podcasters cannot save their PodCast episode.  WP 4.1 and PowerPress 6.0.

I am attempting to see if another plugin is conflicting with PowerPress.

This is becoming a problem on two high visibility sites.

Possibly related to another plugin that scans for media or something, unless there is a built-in WP function or something. Never had this issue before PowerPress 6.0

Botrax

• Rookie
FIXED

PushPress plugin conflicts with PowerPress. DO NOT INSTALL PushPress along with Powerpress.

Also found this after I found found the issue myself. People have reported same problem, on Wordpress.org
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/pushpress-is-conflicting-with-powerpress-podcasting-plugin

PushPress was the last change I had made to the sites, so that's where I started when backtracking the changes to the sites.

What is odd is that I don't immediately see how a PubSubHubbub (PushPress) would conflict with PowerPress.