Author Topic: Problem seperating stats for podcasts using Amazon S3 for file storage  (Read 1455 times)

sahdow

• Rookie
We have two PodCasts that fall under the same umbrella, so we have them set up as Categories. Currently we have all stats going to one of the Podcasts; I read, here in the forums, that we need to disconnect in the dashboard (which I did) and add the redirect url to the individual podcast (this is where the problem is).

• We are using S3 for the file storage and everything (except stats combining) works fine when Powerpress is connected and using the redirect url. You can play the media file, the stats are recorded and download works.
  • When I try and add the redirect URL manually, I get errors in the post edit dashboard
  • When I try and add the redirect URL to a file outside of S3 I don't get errors and the file plays

Now here is what is really stumping me:

When stats are connected, I copy the media url (see example below) from the download link. Then disconnect and insert the exact same link (which includes the redirect url) in the post edit media url and I get the errors, the player doesn't work and the download while it works becomes corrupted.

http://www.blubrry.com/all_about_the_kids/p/s3.amazonaws.com/smpod/kids/2012/0036_2014_12_26_kids_ProcessofIntegration.mp3

In addition to using the same url that is automatically put in place by the plugin when stats are connected, I have tried a number of variations:
  • shorter path
  • remove the /p
  • upload media file to root directory of the website - this works

In summary, how do I get the stats to work with S3 when I need to manually enter the redirect url?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Problem seperating stats for podcasts using Amazon S3 for file storage
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 11:05:56 am »
You put the redirect in at the post edit page in the podcast episode box.  There is nothing you need to put at Amazon. Just a good link to the mp3 file after the redirect.

The /p/ is added automatically and should have no affect on the playability of the file.

Go to blubrry.com and sign in.  Go to manage account > measure > media statistics and click on "Getting Started" on the right side of that page. It will explain the stats redirect and where it goes.

-Mike

Nerdonomy

• Rookie
I am having a related issue.

I am also using category podcasting, with distinct media direct URLs for each podcast, as established on Blubrry.  For some reason, however, it's combining stats.  When I look at the raw XML, it confirms that only one of the Media Direct URLs is being used, but when I check the stats settings on PowerPress,  it displays the correct settings.

Please Help!

Bryan

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Please reply with all your feed addresses and I will check it out and be able to tell you what to do from that.

-Mike

Nerdonomy

• Rookie
Here's the Nerds on Film Feed:

www.nerdonomy.com/category/nof/feed/

Here's the Nerds on History Feed:

www.nerdonomy.com/category/noh/feed/