Author Topic: re: problems with setting up itune feed  (Read 3014 times)

greentalk

re: problems with setting up itune feed
« on: March 27, 2009, 01:09:36 am »
I am new to bluburry and have been struggling.  I have a few questions:

1. I can't get my feed to be validated. I tried using my feedburner feed for podcasts and that did not work.  When I use my own site podcast feed, I get 403 errors.  I have all of my feed files set to 755 so I don't know what the issue is.  I can make a file in advanced setting but nothing when it come to creating an itune feed.

2.  Is it possible to have the play podcasts after a picture?

3.  How to do an itune summary just for the podcast?  My feed is picking up both text and podcast. I have the podcast transcribed.  Both my regular site feed and podcast feed look identical.

Thanks so much for all of your help.  My feed is www.green-talk.com/feed/podcast

Anna

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: re: problems with setting up itune feed
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 05:49:35 pm »
Disable FeedSmith plugin.

FeedSmith used with the new feedburner feeds (feeds2.feedburner.com) no longer works properly. You will need to wait until FeedSmith comes up with an update to support the new Google feed service.

greentalk

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 12:52:18 am »
I got the feed to validate but can not get an itune link.  It says:

403 error. It says bad http and it can not read the feed.  The feed is showing up in feedburner.  Incidentally, the feed looks just like my regular feed. Both have the printed words of the articles and both have the audio files.  Is this right?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 02:12:24 am »
I just subscribed to this feed (http://www.green-talk.com/feed/podcast) in my copy of iTunes, I did not receive a 403 error.

Usually 40x and 50x errors imply that there are issues with your own server. You may want to submit the exact error to your web hosting company to see what the problem could be.

greentalk

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 02:00:44 pm »
In the plug-in there is a space for you to insert your itune feed. I can't create one as noted above.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 03:24:00 pm »
You need to submit your podcast feed to iTunes. Please refer to the instructions on our PodcastFAQ.com site: http://www.podcastfaq.com/podcast-promotion/promoting-your-podcast/directory-list/

greentalk

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 01:19:25 am »
Itunes has been involved trying to help me.  They noticed that when you validate the feed that strange characters show up where ever there is 2 spaces.  It is in the itune summary.  When I look at my regular feed (green-talk.com/feed) those strange characters do not show up.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 11:09:07 am »
Strange, I validated your podcast feed whdn you first submitted it and these warnings were not present, but obviously I just checked it now and they are. Can you email me cio [at] rawvoice.{dot}.com? I suspect something may have changed with the encoding of the data in the database which is causing this type of error. With your help giving me a sample of the data as it is stored in the database I should be able to figure out how PowerPress plugin can correct these incorrect character sets from getting set in the feed.