Author Topic: SEO - Feed episode title replaces post title (default)  (Read 2450 times)

mc

SEO - Feed episode title replaces post title (default)
« on: December 17, 2014, 01:12:27 am »
Hi

Your SEO feature says "Feed episode title replaces post title (default)" Where is this episode title set?

I have a post title that I want to override with a custom title, for each podcast, but where do I set this?

cimmerian

Re: SEO - Feed episode title replaces post title (default)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 02:33:04 pm »
I have the same question.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 02:49:22 pm »
When you create a new post in WordPress once you have enabled this new option the area to enter the new variables will show up in the episode box.. Aka same are you enter the URL for your podcast media link.  In the image below I have highlighted all options. I do video as well so there is likely a few more options in my epiodes box than yours..

This interview on the New Media Show go into all the new features in depth.
http://newmediashow.com/2014/12/21/nms-71-angelo-mandato-powerpress-6-0/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpkf9s9tty8y555/pp1.png?dl=0

cimmerian

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 06:12:22 pm »
So I'll see that only in new episodes, not episodes that have already been published?

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 06:19:27 pm »
You can go back and edit each episode if you wish.  Depending on the SEO selections you pick, their will be some auto placement on the old listings.

cimmerian

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 09:07:43 pm »
It isn't for me. I'm selecting "Feed episode title prefixes post title" but no new box appears for me when I edit published posts.

BTW, there's something funny. I select "Specify custom episode titles for podcast feeds" and "Feed episode title prefixes post title" and hit save, the example based on my options reset. So I guess there's something wrong with my WP install. Any idea what it is?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 11:38:04 pm »
There appears to be a bug with displaying the "Episode Title" field, it currently only is displayed if you go to "Podcasting SEO" settings page and select the last option "Enable and highlight features that help with iTunes SEO". This is a bug, it should display the field even if you do not check that last option. We will have this fixed in the next update.

cimmerian

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 08:34:33 am »
Thank you, angelo and Todd!

mc

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 05:54:58 am »
Thanks, I thought I was losing it :).

O and even with putting the iTunes checked box and adding a custom episode title, I checked the feed and it still uses the Post Title. Is this also a bug?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 06:00:47 am by mc »

cimmerian

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 04:53:10 pm »
Hey Todd, angelo.

If I can impose on you a little more, the Custom Episode Title doesn't appear to be doing anything. I've being publishing shows with "feed episode title prefixes" for a week and the feed doesn't show the information. I've even changed it to the other two options and waited 24 hours for iTunes to ping and nothing is added to the feed information.

To check if it was pinging, I added stuff to the iTunes Subtitle box and it's there by the end of the day, but the stuff from the Episode Title box doesn't.

Here are some screen caps:

(Notice in the attached images that I used the characters "e" and "&" to know which info was showing up properly)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:02:37 pm by cimmerian »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 06:37:54 pm »
This bug has been fixed in the development version and will be in the coming 6.0.2 release coming as early as tomorrow.

cimmerian

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 08:45:55 pm »
That's great news! Thank you.

cimmerian

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 03:00:19 pm »
So, uh... I'm sorry to bring this up yet again (you guys are doing an xplendid job with this plugin and I don't want to come across as pushy or ungrateful) but here's how it appears in my feed:

I use category podcasting. The pic above is from the main feed of my website. Episode no. 1 is from a show called Godmode. No. 2's Holocast. No. 3's Por trás da Máscara, etc.

If I go to each show's feed, I get the category (a.k.a. the podcast) name right. But the main feed exhibits my site name, not the category/show name.

"Append show title to episode titles" is on. Is there a way to work around this without needing an update? Am I doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:02:14 pm by cimmerian »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 03:18:45 pm »
That's a podcasting SEO setting. Go to PowerPress menu > Podcasting SEO page. Uncheck the option to append your program title to your episode titles and then click save.

cimmerian

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 08:07:19 pm »
Yeah... But I'd like if my main feed appended or otherwise showed the show's name (the category) along with the title. Is there a way?