Author Topic: Why does player jump to new window in IOS devices?  (Read 698 times)

krismcgr

Why does player jump to new window in IOS devices?
« on: December 14, 2014, 09:29:02 pm »
Any time the HTML5 default plays in Apple devices either played from a weblink in an app or on safari, when pushed, it jumps to a new window.  This is bad in some cases because it takes them from my entry and everything associated on the post or page and takes the listener to a black screen with a player at the bottom.  What can I do to solve this??  I know others who are able to play their device and the jump to a new window doesn't occur.  I am receiving complaints from listeners.  Please help me.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Why does player jump to new window in IOS devices?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:06:02 am »
Can you reply with a web link where this is happening? More than likely there is some sort of JavaScript error or something, though opening in a new window shouldn't be happening except for the "play in new window" link.

krismcgr

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 10:11:45 am »
Thank you so much for the reply.  I'm supplying you a link to just one of the posts (it happens on all apple devices):

http://www.discerninghearts.com/?p=1136

I've tried the html5 player, actually I've tried them all, but it still happens. 

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 10:24:11 am »
Oh got it, you're using a flash based player, mobile devices do not have flash. The built-in logic for iOS is to display a play image that when clicked, opens the media in the media player on the device. If it is opening a new window to the media file, then my guess is that you have a JavaScript error in your page.

I am able to replicate the problem with Firefox, which indicates there is a JavaScript issue.

You may have better luck switching the audio player. Go to PowerPress menu on the left in your WordPress site, select "Audio Player", then click the link at the top to select a different player. Pick the top player listed, it is HtML5 based, which is the latest and greatest player.

krismcgr

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 12:17:12 pm »
Thanks again for your quick reply!!!!  I made the change, cleared the cache, but encountered same problem.  Thoughts, please?  I'm really perplexed by this issue. 

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 01:33:07 pm »
There is a javascript error on the page, preventing the play button from working. It appears to be caused by something with this code: pageTracker._trackPageview. I am going to guess it's something with Google Analytics. If you have Google Analytics plugin, make sure it is not adding tracking within the pages, that should solve the problem.

krismcgr

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 01:47:28 pm »
Angelo!!!  It worked! You ROCK!  Thank you so much....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 02:02:16 pm »
Awesome! Merry Christmas to you too!