Author Topic: Moving sites, help with process please  (Read 1671 times)

CasaJJ

Moving sites, help with process please
« on: January 05, 2015, 03:25:15 pm »
I'm rebranding and moving my content to a new url.

I currently upload my podcast files to libsyn.  I then submit my feed from my website when I create a blog entry, using blubrry of course.

My question...

Is there a way for me to move all of my blog posts including my podcast entries over to the new url, without having to create a new RSS feed to my podcast?

If I do have to create a new feed, will all of the existing podcasts come down from iTunes until the new feed is accepted?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Moving sites, help with process please
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 08:30:03 am »
You would have to do a database export from the old site and then import from the new site.  As long as your media files didn't move  (they are on a Media Host) and you install and configure powerpress on the new site, you should be fine.. Then do a 301 redirect from the old URL to the new.. That will change the rss feed everyone (including iTunes) pulls from.

See: http://create.blubrry.com/manual/syndicating-your-podcast-rss-feeds/changing-your-podcast-rss-feed-address-url/

-Mike

CasaJJ

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 09:41:41 am »
Thanks Mike.

I looked over that page you lined to, but still have some questions...

I'm still going to use the old site, but for different purposes.  So, I don't want to do a 301 redirect for the entire site.

Is it possible to just redirect the podcast RSS without redirecting the entire site?

I don't want to use the iTunes 'new url' approach, as I know some of my traffic (although much less) comes from stitcher.

Suggestions?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 10:30:25 am »
Yes, you can do a 301 of just the podcast only feed. 

The good thing about a 301 is EVERYONE and EVERY program , service , directory will get the change.   This includes stitcher :)

-Mike

CasaJJ

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 10:31:06 am »
sweet!  Thanks so much.