Author Topic: How Do I Get The iOS Podcasts App Working With Channels & Paid Subscriptions?  (Read 1984 times)

cameronreilly

Hey Angelo et al

I just launched a new premium podcast series and I'm struggling to get Apple's iOS Podcasts app to accept the feeds, even though their website says the app now supports paid subscriptions.

The feeds work in iTunes and other iOS podcast apps (Instacast, PocketCasts), but the Podcasts app returns "Unable to Subscribe - The provided link is not a valid podcast".

Has anyone encountered and resolve this issue before?

EDIT: Looks like this issue was being discussed back in Sept (http://forum.blubrry.com/index.php?topic=5572.0). Is a fix available yet, Angelo?

Thanks
Cameron
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:59:21 am by cameronreilly »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
The fix is in the next PowerPress and in beta. Hopefully will be released in 3-7 days.

cameronreilly

Perfect timing! Well... A week ago would have been better, but this is my second favourite option. Thanks for letting me know.

cameronreilly

Hey Angelo - any update on the new beta with the iOS Podcasts fix?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Still working on it.

cameronreilly

Any progress on this issue, Angelo?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
just swamped with delays. Working on Retina features at the moment.

cameronreilly

Thanks for the update, Angelo. I told our subscribers "3-7 days"  ten days ago, and now they are getting cranky with me. Do you have a new ETA so I can re-set their expectations?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
More than likely beta 3 will go out by the end of this week, with a release the following week.

cameronreilly

Okay thanks mate.

cameronreilly

Hey Angelo, did that beta come out? If so, how do I get on it?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
I am putting the finishing touches on it as we speak. Assuming testing goes well we may release this Thursday.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Contact us to be included in the beta email mailing list, http://www.blubrry.com/contact.php

cameronreilly

Is the fix in 5.0.10 released today? I just tried a couple of the usual variations for subscribing to an auth feed in iOS Podcasts and they didn't work, so either I'm doing it wrong or it looks like the fix isn't in this build? Please advise.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:35:52 am by cameronreilly »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
The new features are in version 6.0, this last release was a bug fix to the current version.

Should be releasing 6.0 tomorrow, 24 hr's after WordPress 4.1 is released.